Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

You would think someone close to Pep would say something. He doesn’t tinker against stronger opposition; PSG, Madrid, Liverpool etc.

to go along with the fuck up side, when players are looking to make a pass, lose possession and raise their hands to say where the fuck are you, you know there’s an issue, this happened with both Stones and Dias last night, the last time this happened that I can recall was Spurs away.
the biggest pisser is this was a huge opportunity squandered, with the best will in the world Chelsea are fuck all, Tuchel stuck with the same tactics in three games against us because it worked, against so called lesser teams who sit back and don’t play to their strengths they will struggle. I doubt Chelsea will challenge for fuck all next season but have the cup we wanted.

I don't believe for one second that Pep picked a team that he didn't think would win. He felt the same for the Lyon game too I'm sure. But like me and everyone of us, we are prone to a brain fart or two in our lives. I don't have an alarm that goes off to warn me when I'm about to have one. Usually for me it's the Mrs or the Boss at work who tells to me hold on a minute before I crash and burn and make a twat out of myself. So my question is where is Pep staff when he has them? That's their job surely or is that structure a dictatorship?
One or two class him as a genius.

I disagree.

I would class him only as a really good domestic manager,with the right funding.

Geniuses do not lose so many European Finals,and semi-finals,and make the same mistakes,over,and over again.

Touchel had only been at Chelsea 4 months.His winning formula was playing his best 11 nearly every game,in their best postions.

Simple when you think about it.

Unfortunately we didnt get to see our best 11 in their best posrions to see how it would have panned out.

In one night Pep emulated Lyon last season,and equalled the Rags shite performance.

He hasn’t learnt because he did it in Lyon and did it again yesterday. He’s had five years to learn how to play against a 5 back team and we still can’t do it. Also what experience? The experience of not turning up and losing?
He did learn and did it well against Conte’s Chelsea, Chelsea’s team then - defence - not dissimilar to last night, but with Hazard. We played with a DM and won both in 17/18. So lat night a fuck up, we all have them at work, but usually there’s a break around us rather than yes men.

Sterling getting a lot of stick, but both he and Silva/Mahrez kept their wing backs quiet from an attacking perspective, but that nullification meant we needed some creativity in the middle and de bruyne and Gundo were inhibited because Chelsea are good enough to create worry in our centre mids.

Tactics seemed like a weird combo of arrogance and fear. But we lost 1-0, could’ve been easily very different and pep lauded as the genius. His unpredictability has given us dreamland, it won’t work every time. Also, the way Chelsea closed the space around their D was impressive. Pep knew they could do that which is presumably why he went balls deep for the first goal with that line up. Still think he should’ve been more patient and stick to the tried and tested formula, but strangely he hasn’t rung me up for expert advice. I’ve got years of Sunday league experience as well ;)

You would think someone close to Pep would say something. He doesn’t tinker against stronger opposition; PSG, Madrid, Liverpool etc.
The
The only person I've seen him listen to and take a shouting at from, was Torrent.
He"s a bit Clough without Taylor now.

I think Peps team selection for the two previous Chelsea games gave them the upper hand and the confidence coming into last nights game....it was definitely a contributing factor..coupled with the ludicrous decision to mess with the formation to get Sterling into the team.
In my opinion , he threw the FA Cup because Dortmund was more important...then played a ridiculous lineup formation for the second Chelsea game on purpose.....instead of playing a Spurs Cowboy Cup and PSG second leg, he did what he did yesterday..........Truly mindbending......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.