Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Having slept on it it does not feel one bit better. also got the 1st pfizer vaccine yesterday and now my shoulder/upper arm hurts too.

makes me livid to think all it took Chelsea to win CL is to sack Lampard, bring in Tuchel, have him tweak around a leaky side and deliver CL title while we have been working on it only with Pep for 5 years and nothing.

good thing we have the PL/Carabao to reflect back on this season.

colossal fuck up this final, absolute no guarantee we will be in another CL final under Pep. we might get there again next year but its really really hard. there is a reason why most top clubs aint getting to final so often. Took bayern 7 years after 2013 triumph. took Chelsea 8 years after 2012 win. Barca has not been in one in 6 years and counting.

would not be surprised one bit if we dont have another CL final in 5 years not because we are not worthyt it just needs o many different factors to click all together to reach it. this season everything looked like we are finally on track to have no refs fucking us, mentally being ready, doing great in knockout stage, sorting the defence which leaked goals vs Monaco, Pool, spurs, Lyon, etc.

and then we throw away in the final despite fair play to Chelsea they were prepared for it as hell. feels like they did a better job prepare for us and we did for them which is crazy given we just lost to them 2 times recently. we knew what to expect and Tuchel hardly done any surprise on that front. it just they raised their game even more mentally.

Love your optomisim mate.

I doubt the European heavy wieghts will be that poor again for a good while

Last night was our time to shine,we all know it.

Pep blew it.

Today we reflect on what should have been our moment in the Sun.

It is not sour Grapes,we should be Champions of Europe today.We had the better players.

I think Sam Allardyce would have won that managing us last night.
But Big Sam would have never have got us there or assembled this squad and coped without strikers.

Lets be balanced about Pep's time at Manchester City. It's been wonderful. More please. You don't know how lucky we are.

Please not again another CL tie against English clubs we are 15-20 points above in the league.

Not sure why we would effectively surrender midfield but I think we should be relieved we escaped with just a 1 - 0 defeat.

For whatever reason we simply did not play as a team, the very thing that has brought us this seasons successes.

Maybe you don't fuck about when taking a penalty in one of those games. And possible you play in a league where the refs and VAR officials aren't deaf, dumb, blind and bent, and get the second penalty. Then you probably win one of those games and get rid of all this shite about "Tuchel having Pep's number".
Last night was due to us not having a defensive mid of Dino or Rodri's quality rather than playing weakened teams in two previous games against Chelsea.

I just can't understand it won't compute why we handed thrown thease fukers THREE games

Wish folk would stop making out that Tuchel is some kind of messiah had Pep not played into his hands 3 times then nobody would be going on about him .......... Leicester sussed him out ...... a bang average Arsenal and Villa team did the same .......... he’s had a free ride this season with no pressure on him at all ......... I mean you couldn’t have handed him a better semi final line up than a declining Madrid side ........... put it this way 2 seasons down the line he will be at pastures new ......... it’s all well and good this defensive football when it’s working but like Mourinho once it stops then your on very much borrowed time

We will wonder forever what the classic XI would have done in this final.
Exactly. That's why I'm still seething. Even though it was only one player out it meant most of the other players were playing a slightly different game than they would normally.

As someone has already posted, Chelsea may well have our number and our best 11 may well have been beaten. That starting 11 that Pep put out last night may well have been the best line-up to win the game. But we'll never know.

However, had our best 11 been beaten I could have lived with that and not be thinking we shot ourselves in the foot.

Chelsea were by far the better team and fully deserved to win, sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.