Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Not sure why we would effectively surrender midfield but I think we should be relieved we escaped with just a 1 - 0 defeat.

For whatever reason we simply did not play as a team, the very thing that has brought us this seasons successes.
We didn't surrender midfield. We surrendered midfield cover so Chelsea could have a free-run at our back 4 every time our possession broke down.

He made a mistake but he's still the best coach. Look back at City over the past few seasons. It's been magnificent. Pep is Pep. Genius but flawed. I'll keep him without a moments hesitation.
I haven’t said to get rid of him though. At least not this time. I just don’t that it’s too much to ask for a good showing in Europe where we play our best and don’t fuck about after spending what we have

Wish folk would stop making out that Tuchel is some kind of messiah had Pep not played into his hands 3 times then nobody would be going on about him .......... Leicester sussed him out ...... a bang average Arsenal and Villa team did the same .......... he’s had a free ride this season with no pressure on him at all ......... I mean you couldn’t have handed him a better semi final line up than a declining Madrid side ........... put it this way 2 seasons down the line he will be at pastures new ......... it’s all well and good this defensive football when it’s working but like Mourinho once it stops then your on very much borrowed time
He got sacked at PSG and lost in his first Champions League final as well

Amazing the amount of bollox posted about Pep. He will be more gutted than anyone for this not to come off.

We’ve seen some of best football in the history of the English game since Pep arrived and were only too ready to call our genius manager.

We have become such an entitled bunch in recent years, it’d be good for SM et al to fuck off so some fans can get a reality check an experience another York away moment.

Chelsea goal was a ball right through the heart of our defence. It needed to be stopped at source, on the halfway line. Ferno is an expert at knowing when we are in danger of this type of goal. The first goal was crucial in this game, it allowed Chelsea to close up shop and they did it well. They left no space. The first time we got the ball across their six yard box the player waiting to tap it in was Gundo. To late.

Glad it is not just me.

Honestly i strted wondering if he had a Jizz stained poster of Mark Hughes in the loft somewhere.

Every Derby sets us up to make Rashford,and Martial looki like Peak Ronaldo,and Ronaldinho.

Then ater the the loss.

They are a great Club,with lots,and lots of history.........did i say lots of history enough times.

Every time he says it,i feel like he is having a dig at us,insulting us.By infering we have no history by making such stements.
He is actually taking the piss out of the press and the media with that comment.

Amazing the amount of bollox posted about Pep. He will be more gutted than anyone for this not to come off.

We’ve seen some of best football in the history of the English game since Pep arrived and were only too ready to call our genius manager.

We have become such an entitled bunch in recent years, it’d be good for SM et al to fuck off so some fans can get a reality check an experience another York away moment.
I think we can all do without a lecture from someone who joined in 2019 and who has 133 posts thanks.

Thanks mate - it still feels pretty grim though but with our club there's always next year.
Yes you're right pal.
Just feel our showing last night was akin to that of Spurs in the final of a couple of years back.
Nothing to remember but the result.
Ah well still Kings of England which is a better feeling than the Rags of got

simple yes or no, who would have picked that team with all the players to choose from

A coach has to have the freedom to coach. You take Pep, you accept he will do these things.

He is still the best coach in the world but he's also a maverick who will make mistakes
Because this keeps happening I’m starting to wonder whether this has something to do with Pep’s ego. Does he feel the need to do something radical in these big games so we can all acknowledge his brilliance?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.