Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

No I do and I know his role. He does it well more often than not. But there are some tomes where he half comes out which just puts him in no mans land.
Havertz could have gone down from his ill advised lunge & we‘d have been playing for 50 minutes with 10 men but still 0-0. Once again, in the biggest match, like his shit show against Lyon last year, makes a big mistake. Should have ushered Havertz into the box then forced him into a shot, Havertz has a shit finishing record this season so would likely have missed. Either way, he gets to use his hands in the box..poor decision making from Ederson.

Tuchel made Chelsea watch Leicester lift the FA Cup too hurt them and stir them on while we was resting players and going through the motions in the league.
This was the difference last night.
They were hurting and wanted it so bad.
We wanted it but didn't look as determined as Chelsea did.
The 2 recent loses to them were meant to mean fuck all cos we were going to beat them in the big one.
3 recent loses to them now looks terrible.
Resting players and going through the motions?

They were playing for top 4 right until the final game,

After playing them twice under Tuchel and getting beaten twice I was already fearful as I thought his tactics and set up suited playing against us. They were already a good team, added £250 million plus worth of talent and a top coach, so I've no idea why they were considered some sort of plucky underdog, they weren't.

I then saw Pep's team and thought he'd lost the plot......again. In my heart I was trying to stay positive but my head was saying we've totally blown this and so it proved. I clung on thinking after losing to them twice he'd seen something us mere mortals hadn't, he'd come up with a tactic that would bamboozle Chelsea and win the game. All it did was bamboozle us, knocking us out of our stride and rhythm and handing the game to Chelsea. With better finishing they could have been 3-0 up in the first half. Not content with this and lucky to still be in the game he stubbornly persisted with these ludicrous tactics until it was too late. Now almost the whole team chose the most important game of their lives to freeze and play their worst game of the season that is true. I think the highest rating any tabloid gave any of them was 6 and I thought that was generous. I still put a lot of that down to Pep and his bloody tinkering with the team and tactics. They were uncomfortable, the defence left exposed, looked clueless at times and utterly demoralised. I seem to remember him doing similar in a semi final at I think Bayern and they got absolutely hammered.

We have a very effective system and style that won us the league and caribou cup. Using this we thrashed Everton 5-0 last week. We beat and demoralised a very good PSG with that team and tactics. When we have our first choice eleven and play it we are a match for any side in the world. So to rip it all up and disrupt it before the biggest game of the season, in arguably the biggest club game in the world, watched globally by billions is bordering on insanity

Now we could have played our normal team and tactics and still lost, that's football. At least though we'd have made a better fist of it. Is Pep a great coach? Undoubtedly. If I was our owners though, who've backed him to the hilt and given him everything he's asked for, probably in the hope he'll win us the champions league, I'd want some bloody answers at to what he was playing at.

Werner and Kante won the game for Chelsea.

The goal was 50% on Werner, his run opend up Havertz. That's why u need Fernandinho in DM to stop the runs in behind. Gundogan constantly left Dias and Stones and Walker alone against Werner.

It's baffling that he started so many attacking Players. Someone explain me what his plan was in the Match
Ferno doesn't stop the runs, he stops the supply. He has great awareness of danger and knows when to foul. Mount would never have made that pass with Ferno in the team.

1st of all its a disappointing result but to read some comments on here is shameful half of the fuckers posting shit have probably only watched us on the telly or since the takeover, you are a fucking disgrace, peps a wanker, fuck off etc etc ,go and wipe your fanny's you miserable cunts or better still go and follow the rags. By all means question his team selection but realise how far we've come, wasn't long ago we were booing the anthem ffs

I think we all know Pep is genius but he is also a flawed one. Last night was a tactical defeat. I think Pep may have been worried by Fern's legs over 90 minutes against Mason Mount and perhaps also by Rodri's lack of pace for the same reasons. But it seemed crazy to change our winning formula.
I watched the match in Manchester in a pub and everyone was worried as soon as the team was announced. Some of the optimists felt Pep was probably trying to blow Chelsea away by bombarding them in the first 20 minutes but it was a high-risk strategy. We were wide open through the middle and that played into Chelsea's hands. They could not score that goal with Fern or Rodri on the pitch and they didn't create that much overall. The most painful thing is that it was self inflicted.
As soon as John Stones had his (all too-characteristic) wobbles, you could see the impact of an exposed defensive back line. The alarm well bells were ringing very early on, but nothing was done to address it as that is not pep’s way. He prefers to wait until the 60/70/80th minute, which is normally too late and why he has naff stats for recovering from going behind!

Have UEFA banned you yet? If not , why not?
This is not the place to discuss that mess. Btw, as much as I am grateful to our chairman for having brought us back to winning in this last decade, I am one of many Juve fans who didn't like the Super League idea.

Similar situation when Sterling is up against Wan-Bissaka. He will half and puff, but get done every time trying to prove that he can actually get past!
City really need to part ways with him.
He won't be any better at another club, he's a very overrated player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.