Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Hey there guys, I haven't checked in on you in a long while - maybe because this season has been quite bleak for us.

First of all congrats on your PL title, it all builds to the glory of the club and it's not something that can ever get erased by any following defeat.
And then, welcome to the familiar (for me) pain of losing a CL final lol. In the last decade us Juve fans almost became sick of it and of the final itself, but I think the latest few miserable stints reminded us how valuable it actually is to show that you're of 1 of the 2 strongest clubs in Europe.

I remember all the jeers we always got from other Serie A clubs after yet another final lost; I remember how we always tried to make them see that if we had lost a final it was just because, unlike them, we had reached it.

Does it hurt? Yes, it does. Have you got the CL winner's trophy? No, you haven't. But you have something, even if most people can't and won't see it: you can get angry for having fought and lost the highest-level battle in the footballing world.

I won't go into the details of the game because in the end yes it's usually the team that plays better that wins the final, but on the other hand there's also a lot of chance involved. Just wanted to cheer you up a bit for having reached the rooftop of Europe.
Have UEFA banned you yet? If not , why not?

I am very, very disappointed at the result. Only natural I suppose. Chelsea were by far the better team. Their manager and players know just how to win against City who change the team more than any other. The trip by City to Porto was very well thought through and executed by a team of busy, exited and helpful people who acted in a totally professional manner even though the big majority were volunteers who presumably got paid but who put their heart and soul into making a dream into a reality for thousands of us. They turned up in every way possible. It is a pity that Pep and the team chose not to turn up. A lot of time, stress, worry and money was put in by every fan who like me was lucky to go to the match and not many of the players put in anything like a shift. I suppose Zinchenko, Ferdandhino, Ederson and Dias should not be within this group, but they all should be ashamed of themselves. And as for Pep............ the ultimate annoying sight was that when De Bruyne was taken out (off), the Captain’s arm band was given to ???? STERLING.

It will take some time to get over this disappointment but it’s only a game which, for me, will fade into history. But the players and manager will have to look at themselves for a lot longer . To be fair, Chelsea are Chelsea and with the new manager you know what you will get, but this lot lost last week to Aston Villa. They did not have to play well to beat City yesterday ( for the third time in a row) . Ah well , as they say, it’s only a game, but in future I will have to weigh up whether it will be worth the time, stress, money and effort to attend similar matches. The fans around me tried to lift the team but had little encouragement from the players. The EDS, under 18s or women’s team would have put in more soul and effort into Yesterday .

I believe that the above is an accurate take on the occasion (certainly from my point of view). If it had been a classic performance with us ending up on the losing side then I would have been disappointed but not annoyed. The sheik will have every reason to be angry.

Tuchel made Chelsea watch Leicester lift the FA Cup too hurt them and stir them on while we was resting players and going through the motions in the league.
This was the difference last night.
They were hurting and wanted it so bad.
We wanted it but didn't look as determined as Chelsea did.
The 2 recent loses to them were meant to mean fuck all cos we were going to beat them in the big one.
3 recent loses to them now looks terrible.

Pep got it seriously wrong, once again. It would be nice to hear him admit that.
I think we all know Pep is genius but he is also a flawed one. Last night was a tactical defeat. I think Pep may have been worried by Fern's legs over 90 minutes against Mason Mount and perhaps also by Rodri's lack of pace for the same reasons. But it seemed crazy to change our winning formula.
I watched the match in Manchester in a pub and everyone was worried as soon as the team was announced. Some of the optimists felt Pep was probably trying to blow Chelsea away by bombarding them in the first 20 minutes but it was a high-risk strategy. We were wide open through the middle and that played into Chelsea's hands. They could not score that goal with Fern or Rodri on the pitch and they didn't create that much overall. The most painful thing is that it was self inflicted.

Reece James is a top class player, but why did Pep not change things?

Go and put Foden or Mahrez against him, Raheem down the middle, just shake things up and give it a go.
Similar situation when Sterling is up against Wan-Bissaka. He will half and puff, but get done every time trying to prove that he can actually get past!

I am very, very disappointed at the result. Only natural I suppose. Chelsea were by far the better team. Their manager and players know just how to win against City who change the team more than any other. The trip by City to Porto was very well thought through and executed by a team of busy, exited and helpful people who acted in a totally professional manner even though the big majority were volunteers who presumably got paid but who put their heart and soul into making a dream into a reality for thousands of us. They turned up in every way possible. It is a pity that Pep and the team chose not to turn up. A lot of time, stress, worry and money was put in by every fan who like me was lucky to go to the match and not many of the players put in anything like a shift. I suppose Zinchenko, Ferdandhino, Ederson and Dias should not be within this group, but they all should be ashamed of themselves. And as for Pep............ the ultimate annoying sight was that when De Bruyne was taken out (off), the Captain’s arm band was given to ???? STERLING.

It will take some time to get over this disappointment but it’s only a game which, for me, will fade into history. But the players and manager will have to look at themselves for a lot longer . To be fair, Chelsea are Chelsea and with the new manager you know what you will get, but this lot lost last week to Aston Villa. They did not have to play well to beat City yesterday ( for the third time in a row) . Ah well , as they say, it’s only a game, but in future I will have to weigh up whether it will be worth the time, stress, money and effort to attend similar matches. The fans around me tried to lift the team but had little encouragement from the players. The EDS, under 18s or women’s team would have put in more soul and effort into Yesterday .

I believe that the above is an accurate take on the occasion (certainly from my point of view). If it had been a classic performance with us ending up on the losing side then I would have been disappointed but not annoyed. The sheik will have every reason to be angry.
True can take losing but not throwing it away.

Tuchel made Chelsea watch Leicester lift the FA Cup too hurt them and stir them on while we was resting players and going through the motions in the league.
This was the difference last night.
They were hurting and wanted it so bad.
We wanted it but didn't look as determined as Chelsea did.
The 2 recent loses to them were meant to mean fuck all cos we were going to beat them in the big one.
3 recent loses to them now looks terrible.
We'll put it right next season. Chelsea played a magnificent counter-attacking game but you can't win titles playing like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.