Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Hey there guys, I haven't checked in on you in a long while - maybe because this season has been quite bleak for us.

First of all congrats on your PL title, it all builds to the glory of the club and it's not something that can ever get erased by any following defeat.
And then, welcome to the familiar (for me) pain of losing a CL final lol. In the last decade us Juve fans almost became sick of it and of the final itself, but I think the latest few miserable stints reminded us how valuable it actually is to show that you're of 1 of the 2 strongest clubs in Europe.

I remember all the jeers we always got from other Serie A clubs after yet another final lost; I remember how we always tried to make them see that if we had lost a final it was just because, unlike them, we had reached it.

Does it hurt? Yes, it does. Have you got the CL winner's trophy? No, you haven't. But you have something, even if most people can't and won't see it: you can get angry for having fought and lost the highest-level battle in the footballing world.

I won't go into the details of the game because in the end yes it's usually the team that plays better that wins the final, but on the other hand there's also a lot of chance involved. Just wanted to cheer you up a bit for having reached the rooftop of Europe.
hi.

Thought I'd feel better a good night's kip (which I didn't get). I don't, I feel worse,much worse. In the aftermath of the game last night, I just felt numb. But right now, I'm devastated, and angry. And in a rotten mood. I wouldn't be nice to be around today. We threw it away. We're a better team than Chelsea; the league table doesn't lie. But they totally owned us last night. Why, Pep? Why did you do it? As the old saying goes; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Barring the odd hiccup (with mainly weakened teams), we flew through the last 60% of the season. And he goes and changes it for the biggest game of the season. I love the guy, he's the best manager in the world, and we're blessed to have him. But nonsense like last night doesn't half grate on me. And where he got the "we were brilliant in the second half" from escapes me. We huffed and puffed, without ever looking like we were going to score. Chelsea could (should?) have won by 3 or 4, if we're being honest.
Completely agree.

Second half was a repeat of the first, we never looked like scoring, never!

To keep Gundo as DM at the start of the second half was incredible, already booked and Chelsea had him spinning like a top, some refs could have given him a red.

No changes out wide, James had Sterling in his pocket, why not swop wide players over, put Foden there, just try something different, take a risk....just nothing,

Comfortably numb!

But it was broken! This team lost to Chelsea twice playing the way we usually do. By the same token, doing what you’ve always done and expecting a different outcome is the definition of madness!
We.made 9 and 7 changes in them 2 games, we all know what are best side is yet Pep decided to tinker again

Still feeling pretty low this morning following last nights result but disappointed to see some of the comments on here regarding Pep and the comments around overthinking etc... The way I see it is that he simply tried to change things slightly to get a different result against a team that has beaten us twice recently playing the way people say he should have played. Exactly the same thing as v Lyon last year when we lost a game with a team he changed slightly to try and prevent the same result that occurred at home in the group stages to the same team. I have no problem with him trying to affect change, even if it is in arguably the biggest game of the season for this team. Didn’t someone once say that the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result?
In what way did we play “the way we people say he should have played” in the other two games against Chelsea? Lol

He made 8 changes from our usual team in both games and played completely different shapes.

In fact, there was a fair few comments suggesting he played novelty teams to throw them off the scent for when he played the proper team in the final.

Pep’s the best manager in the world, but he’s responsible for the loss yesterday, make no mistake about that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.