Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Bad
Watching that game again will refresh the feeling of nausea
I'm liking this games result to my recent Astra Zeneka vaccine, took me a few days to get over the effects.
Im worried it could turn into something more serious, even similar to long covid.
My missus has noticed it's effect on me. And assured me that Pep will not do it again.
Ive thought about future though and if we get to the next huge game in the cl we will all be suffering from anxiety waiting for the team selection and will Sterling feature.
I had my second AZ jab on Thursday morning. That must be why I felt so rough leaving the stadium on Saturday night.

The only crumb I can take is that if (an enormous IF) we win it next year (Scouse speak) we do so as it should be. As league champions this season.
Not much I know.
"It's a joke if a team wins it without entering as reigning champions." - So said the gibbering hyenas of the media circus when the CL was born.
Fast forward a few years to 1999 or 2005 (and 2021) and they all went very quiet on the subject.

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. This is probably the best club forum I've seen, both in terms of numbers of members and general level of sanity.

I will defo come back from time to time to say hello, although will be careful not to outstay my welcome, being a Chav c*nt :)

I do think our two clubs have more in common with each other than with the other big English clubs. The way we are run, the unity within the club, and, very importantly, the colour!

Anthony Taylor: Seems I inadvertently picked the worst ref comparison it's possible to pick on a City forum. It all makes sense now - Taylor is a Utd fan, he takes great joy in fucking over Chelsea, but ultimate joy in fucking over City. Apologies lads. Should've done my homework. I just hate Anthony Taylor.

City 1-3 Us, 2016 Prem: I remember that game well, although I must admit I didn't recall who the ref was. As above, it all makes sense now. David Luiz got away with murder, probably shouldn't have been on the pitch at the end, and probably wishes he wasn't on the pitch at the end due to Aguero's slightly mistimed tackle, which resulted in a fair bit of handbags at the end. To say we rode our luck that day might just be the understatement of the year. City missed a hat-full, with Kev hitting the bar from from six yards out. Gary Cahill opened the scoring with one of the most creative OGs you'll see before we did, tbf, score three very decent counter attacking goals. It was, in the final analysis, daylight robbery at the Etihad.

Pep: He's the best manager of his generation. He's a trailblazer, a formula maker. As such he sometimes gets it wrong, but I'd say those times are far outweighed by the times he not only gets it right, but progresses the tactical aspects of the game to an extent that he's copied by everyone. I personally love him, and am aware that our own TT is the most 'Guardiolista' of the current German managers. TT has been a Pep fanboy for years, studying every Barca game, and probably every City game too. Pep will win the CL with City imho.

Didn’t want to say this, as it will have been said over a thousand times, but here goes -we threw it away, I think Chelsea would have beaten us with Ferna playing and Sterling not anyway, but, the ONE thing I sthought before this match was concerning these two players, Sterling out and Ferna in - defo. We were beaten before we walked on the pitch, I know what I think doesn’t matter, but, I’ve got it off my chest - Pep is a total genius, but, does tinker way too much - Gundogan in CDM?
and doing THAT on the clubs biggest ever match - genius can sometimes be madness...and NO apology from him? only smiles, and my team were great...breathtaking arrogance, well thats me sent to Siberia now.

Agree. It would be nice to see a better view.
Thanks for the warm welcome lads. This is probably the best club forum I've seen, both in terms of numbers of members and general level of sanity.

I will defo come back from time to time to say hello, although will be careful not to outstay my welcome, being a Chav c*nt :)

I do think our two clubs have more in common with each other than with the other big English clubs. The way we are run, the unity within the club, and, very importantly, the colour!

Anthony Taylor: Seems I inadvertently picked the worst ref comparison it's possible to pick on a City forum. It all makes sense now - Taylor is a Utd fan, he takes great joy in fucking over Chelsea, but ultimate joy in fucking over City. Apologies lads. Should've done my homework. I just hate Anthony Taylor.

City 1-3 Us, 2016 Prem: I remember that game well, although I must admit I didn't recall who the ref was. As above, it all makes sense now. David Luiz got away with murder, probably shouldn't have been on the pitch at the end, and probably wishes he wasn't on the pitch at the end due to Aguero's slightly mistimed tackle, which resulted in a fair bit of handbags at the end. To say we rode our luck that day might just be the understatement of the year. City missed a hat-full, with Kev hitting the bar from from six yards out. Gary Cahill opened the scoring with one of the most creative OGs you'll see before we did, tbf, score three very decent counter attacking goals. It was, in the final analysis, daylight robbery at the Etihad.

Pep: He's the best manager of his generation. He's a trailblazer, a formula maker. As such he sometimes gets it wrong, but I'd say those times are far outweighed by the times he not only gets it right, but progresses the tactical aspects of the game to an extent that he's copied by everyone. I personally love him, and am aware that our own TT is the most 'Guardiolista' of the current German managers. TT has been a Pep fanboy for years, studying every Barca game, and probably every City game too. Pep will win the CL with City imho.
Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but just think Ash, if it wasn’t for a slip from JT, and the width of a post you would have 3 titles now and the rags 2

Cheers James.

In my opinion the Prem just gets more and more competitive each season. If Utd recruit well you have to say they can challenge, and City are the club everyone else has to fight with every sinew to get anywhere close to. Over 38 games it's very difficult to beat Pep.

So, what I hope for is that we make a fight for the title, and that the margins of victory, whoever prevails, will be tight. Wouldn't it be great to see the title decided on the last day?!

As for what I expect, boringly I'd say top 4 minimum. I'm a realist.

As for our players, it's an exciting time as we have so many good young players. Sadly I think Tammy will leave, and should leave in order to progress his career. Timo's contribution is already undervalued. When you look at his stats, his goal involvement and the team's win percentage when he plays, if he starts to score a few more he will be rightly acknowledged for the quality player he already is.

Haha, now that would be a little greedy! And also, we'd have dipped out of the very important part of the process which is the pain of defeat on that most prestigious of stages. Easy to say now, but I wouldn't change it.

I'm just happy that we've won it again in a way where detractors can't say we didn't deserve it. In 2012 we got dominated for most of the final by Bayern. In the semi 2nd leg we held out at Barca with ten men, and Messi missed a pen. Many, including myself, felt the win that year was as much about cosmic forces and luck as anything else. It's therefore nice to think that we might now be considered legit CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.