Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Call that being "dominated by Bayern" ? Check put the 1999 CL final !! That's what is called an undeserved victory.
And again,width of a post, in the few seconds I could be arsed looking at the box....I was going out with a raggette at the time, Bayern hit both the post and the bar (an overhead kick I think)
TWGC TM hey........they are Never lucky though....ohhh no

@blew and @jamesha

My apologies lads. I haven't quite got the hang of the multiquote tool here. I am replying to you both with posts #4215 and #4216.

when the team was announced, it produced the biggest collective WTF yet seen on this forum, and probably the whole City fan base. Instead of the usual factions sniping at each other, blah blah, but it was one-sided, and pretty unanimous.
Fans in general are pretty much knee-jerk, hind-sight driven, and, with an hour to go before the biggest game in the club's history, even more so. The fact our fears were well-founded has not eased the pain, and it wasn't the first time.
Hopefully it was the last, but......

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. This is probably the best club forum I've seen, both in terms of numbers of members and general level of sanity.

I will defo come back from time to time to say hello, although will be careful not to outstay my welcome, being a Chav c*nt :)

I do think our two clubs have more in common with each other than with the other big English clubs. The way we are run, the unity within the club, and, very importantly, the colour!

Anthony Taylor: Seems I inadvertently picked the worst ref comparison it's possible to pick on a City forum. It all makes sense now - Taylor is a Utd fan, he takes great joy in fucking over Chelsea, but ultimate joy in fucking over City. Apologies lads. Should've done my homework. I just hate Anthony Taylor.

City 1-3 Us, 2016 Prem: I remember that game well, although I must admit I didn't recall who the ref was. As above, it all makes sense now. David Luiz got away with murder, probably shouldn't have been on the pitch at the end, and probably wishes he wasn't on the pitch at the end due to Aguero's slightly mistimed tackle, which resulted in a fair bit of handbags at the end. To say we rode our luck that day might just be the understatement of the year. City missed a hat-full, with Kev hitting the bar from from six yards out. Gary Cahill opened the scoring with one of the most creative OGs you'll see before we did, tbf, score three very decent counter attacking goals. It was, in the final analysis, daylight robbery at the Etihad.

Pep: He's the best manager of his generation. He's a trailblazer, a formula maker. As such he sometimes gets it wrong, but I'd say those times are far outweighed by the times he not only gets it right, but progresses the tactical aspects of the game to an extent that he's copied by everyone. I personally love him, and am aware that our own TT is the most 'Guardiolista' of the current German managers. TT has been a Pep fanboy for years, studying every Barca game, and probably every City game too. Pep will win the CL with City imho.
welcome, well done on Saturday, it's a shame we didn't turn up lol , hopefully next time Pep won't have a brain fart.

when the team was announced, it produced the biggest collective WTF yet seen on this forum, and probably the whole City fan base. Instead of the usual factions sniping at each other, blah blah, but it was one-sided, and pretty unanimous.
Fans in general are pretty much knee-jerk, hind-sight driven, and, with an hour to go before the biggest game in the club's history, even more so. The fact our fears were well-founded has not eased the pain, and it wasn't the first time.
Hopefully it was the last, but......
The WTF moment was not confined to City ranks. I think the whole of football cried WTF in unison. If it had worked the Pep eulogies would have been written for months, and rightly so. As I said previously, it was a high risk strategy.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but just think Ash, if it wasn’t for a slip from JT, and the width of a post you would have 3 titles now and the rags 2
What! More titles than the biggest club in the multiverse? I would have loved to see the media turning into an even bigger mass of chundering arse wipes if that had happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.