Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Pathetic time wasting all second half by Chelsea. Sterling was a total waste of space and their right back knew it. No matter the selection we were very poor and didn’t create enough chances. The ref was shit aswell. Sad to see Sergio play his last game and lose. We seem to have no idea of getting through a back 5 either.

Not starting with a proper holding midfielder in Fern/Rodri definitely did decide the outcome.
Possibly but we would still have made the attacks and they just counter . That's it. So we have to get better at just keeping the ball and then if no way through then let the opposition have it in order to let them have possession. Its always the same attacking possession philosophy with Pep. So how teams beat us is not to possess but press when we have the ball and win it and then we look vulnerable. It was a win for TT really. His team have adapted to his negative philosophy. We played into their hands .
If you're going to possess then you better not lose that ball to this lot.
Gutting performance but their tactics were well known beforehand and all we needed to do was at least offer something by way of letting them come on to us.

Next season we are winning this.

They did an excellent job denying Mahrez and Sterling space outside and Kante cleaned up everything centrally. The guy is an absolutely outstanding footballer. And they got all they needed — one breakaway in space.

I’m not so much upset that we played the formation we did — more so that we didn’t look fast nor fluid with a system that should have encouraged that. It’s almost as if we reverted to our style from earlier in the season — slow, tentative, less energetic.

I’m not as upset as I expected. We WILL be back in this final and it will be all the sweeter for having lost this one. Still an excellent season with two trophies and one match away from maximum games.

It's not anger it's just bewilderment. Why wouldn't you put out your best players in the formation that is proven? Several of the players looked out of sorts and out of position throughout the game.

Sterling - noone will ever convince me of a good reason to start him in that game

4th in last years premier and win this,bring back the champions only, I know we finshed 2nd,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.