Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Sorry lad, but if not tonight then when?... :(
Could be next year could be never again for all we know. Tonight tactically it was wrong we looked like a group of players that never played together. I'm more mind baffled over changing tactics and personal at the last hurdle that's the main question.

Still no guarantee with Fern on that we win it. They'd still be negative defensive and we would still try to open them up. But when we try that we make mistakes because they close us down and disposess. . So let them have it for a change eh. Somebody said " tickle their balls" . Let them have possession. Let's see what they can do with it . Let us have 9 men behind the ball . Then the stretch in their lines becomes wider and we can get through in a counter of our own.. We dont learn from the games we played against them . Although Pep thought Sterling could provide that breakthrough. He likes an attacking team. Thats the City way. It nearly worked first 20 mins. But after that no penetration whatsoever. Defensive Chelsea beat us living off our mistakes and know we will play the same every day until the Second Coming .

That's the City way to attack I agree we done it very well with Fernandinho in the team against Everton we been doing it all season with a proper holding midfielder not Gundogan our leading goalscorer.

If Sterling had brains he would have dived for that James tackle from behind, similar tackle in the derby by Bernardo on Trashford last yr and they got one.

Pep has poor stats of recovering from a losing position. I put it down to stubbornness.

Anybody who watches city regularly knows that when things start off badly, they really improve. It is great and frustrating in equal measure, being a city fan!

the semi final was a come back after going one down ? i just think city and pep run out of luck tonight
because the lack off options up front and sterling/jesus is not good enough and aguero was injured all season

when the false 9 is used we just don't have enough fire power and score enough goals to win big games
KDB should not be leading the line up front its not his game and looks like he does not like playing there

haaland must be signed monday morning ? forget the price and same with another striker even if its Kane get them in early and sort out the dead wood and sell sterling and jesus. give mendy away for free. fernandinho can leave with the blessing of you done your job over the years and same for aguero

Lyon all over again. But what can you do?
Nothing but hope that it's a learning lesson.
You should always go with your best XI. It's as simple as that. If you get beaten playing to your strengths then fair enough. But getting beat because of your own tactical disaster is quite embarrassing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.