Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I doubt it as Pep seems to be a "my way or the highway" style manager. Fortunately for us his "way" has been incredibly successful in the Premier League and the League Cup.
Failure in the FA Cup can sometimes be put down to the PL and CL being priorities during the second half of the season. (And blind officials.)
Pep has a style that confuses many opposition managers, so why would he want input from the players? He gets it right 95% of the time; but we know he overthinks things and getting it wrong against decent teams is sometimes the result.
I was in the ground when I heard the team, and it seemed to deflate the fans as many have said. - And yes, it still hurts. We got through to the final without facing Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve or Bayern. It won't be that easy in future.
Pep has often praised the intelligence of Gundogan. If the game plan isn't working as Pep anticipated, there is no shame in listening to what the players have to say. Pep still has the final word.

I think the opposite and that there will be a flat start to next season. We jizzed that away and Im still annoyed about it. I think our players know that too and the deflation from that may take some time to recover from. Winning the European Cup was on a plate for us and we fucked it right up. We are light years ahead of the opposition with the way we play and yet instead of letting them rightly worry about us and going about our normal business it was all changed about and played into their hands.
Light years ahead. They beat us in a semi, then the CL final. We weren’t good enough. That light years ahead nonsense is rag like arrogance. They’ve won it before. They knew how to do it again. Next time we’ll have that experience of losing it, and hopefully push on to our maiden win.
They were simply the better team. We aren’t light years ahead of anyone.

Light years ahead. They beat us in a semi, then the CL final. We weren’t good enough. That light years ahead nonsense is rag like arrogance. They’ve won it before. They knew how to do it again. Next time we’ll have that experience of losing it, and hopefully push on to our maiden win.
I agree. The - we would have won with Fernandinho narrative is getting a bit old.

Chelsea are a decent team. The bookies had us favourites but the expected win percentage was something like City win 2 out of 3 games played. I thought Chelsea were underpriced at that level. I had it more about more 55%-60% to city. This wasn't one of the Wigan shocks. Two good team in a one off game. Anything can happen.

I also think we've all gone a bit soft and entitled and we've got used to winning. We've won 8 finals and 3 close title races but you can win them all. The players and Pep gave it their all. That's all you can ask.

The players and Pep gave it their all. That's all you can ask.
That's not true in the eyes of many and that's why it's so difficult to put it to bed.Had we lost by playing our most effective 11,and applied the approach that had seen us be so successful.....questions wouldn't still exist and closure would have been far easier.

I agree. The - we would have won with Fernandinho narrative is getting a bit old.

Chelsea are a decent team. The bookies had us favourites but the expected win percentage was something like City win 2 out of 3 games played. I thought Chelsea were underpriced at that level. I had it more about more 55%-60% to city. This wasn't one of the Wigan shocks. Two good team in a one off game. Anything can happen.

I also think we've all gone a bit soft and entitled and we've got used to winning. We've won 8 finals and 3 close title races but you can win them all. The players and Pep gave it their all. That's all you can ask.
Some shit gets posted on here but bravo. Pep didn’t give it his all as he got it horribly wrong. The team he then wrongly picked didn’t give it their all as they was poor and didn’t create a bean. From top to bottom we got it wrong and hopefully they feel it as much as us. If you bother to read what people put there isn’t any entitlement, easy go to comment for the happy clappers. We feel robbed as the tactics and systems used to get us to the final, regardless of opposition got thrown out of the window. Had we played the system and players that allowed us to be so successful this season then you brush a defeat off knowing all has been given, it wasn’t close.

They’ve won it before and knew how to? Please grace me with your fantastic knowledge, who was there before who won it that gave them an edge? Nobody. Hate comments like this, that team didn’t know how to win it as they never have. You also don’t have to lose it to then win it, another stupid comment. I’d suggest 20 points or so ahead of anybody is lightyears. We are vastly ahead of most teams, better manager, team and squad. Doesn’t give you the right to win a game though you earn it and we didn’t. We played into their hands and they took advantage, fair play. Had fuck all to do with their club winning it nearly ten years ago.

They’ve won it before and knew how to? Please grace me with your fantastic knowledge, who was there before who won it that gave them an edge? Nobody. Hate comments like this, that team didn’t know how to win it as they never have. You also don’t have to lose it to then win it, another stupid comment. I’d suggest 20 points or so ahead of anybody is lightyears. We are vastly ahead of most teams, better manager, team and squad. Doesn’t give you the right to win a game though you earn it and we didn’t. We played into their hands and they took advantage, fair play. Had fuck all to do with their club winning it nearly ten years ago.
Sounds like you need to take your meds. Have a good weekend.

I have avoided everything since relating to football. I watched the England game the other day but that’s it. Not listened to 1 second of TalkSPORT since that night and I will go on like this until the start of next season. I’ve quite enjoyed the break from it and it may be the new norm for me. But it was all brought about by the pain of that night. I don’t even like to think about it as it still gives me that horrible churning in the stomach feeling just like when my first ever girlfriend dumped me. It’s by far the toughest defeat I’ve had to take since Tottenham in 81 and I’m sure there’s lots who feel the same. However, come the first game of the season I’ll be up for it once more. Guess we’re all mad in a way. Up the Blues!

“They know how to win it”

Manager and team playing having never won it before. I suppose if we played Celtic in the final you’d claim they know how to win it too. Weapon.
What a pleasant individual.
It's called club mentality, and the Celtic comparison is folly. In this era of clubs being taken over and having huge funds spent to propel them to titles, Chelsea have been to 3 finals, successful in 2 of them. Prior to their third they had experienced what we have just experienced, and then won it. That's far more experience, as a CLUB, than what we had as we entered the final. So yes, they as a club know what is needed, and I would hazard a guess Tuchel commented on such in the dressing room.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.