Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking this morning that what cheers me is that, by and large, we're a club that wins finals once we get through to them. Plenty of semi-final and quarter-final defeats, but finals? Well obviously in recent history there's 2013 and Wigan. Then going back further there's 1981 and Spurs, and 1974 and Wolves. Then you've got to go right back to 1955 and the lost final against Newcastle United (and we won it the next year). Overall, I'm pretty sure that it's much more on the credit than the debit side. We've played some really dozy quarter-finals and semi-finals (one that will be in everyone's recent memory) but once we get to the big one, we do the business.

Been thinking this morning that what cheers me is that, by and large, we're a club that wins finals once we get through to them. Plenty of semi-final and quarter-final defeats, but finals? Well obviously in recent history there's 2013 and Wigan. Then going back further there's 1981 and Spurs, and 1974 and Wolves. Then you've got to go right back to 1955 and the lost final against Newcastle United (and we won it the next year). Overall, I'm pretty sure that it's much more on the credit than the debit side. We've played some really dozy quarter-finals and semi-finals (one that will be in everyone's recent memory) but once we get to the big one, we do the business.
Didn't City lose to Chelsea in the Full Members Cup?

Starting to get a tingle but what if we lose , what a let down that would be for everyone

It's just not an option. Pep and this team has been working towards this moment for a few years, a Chelsea side with so many new signings and who changed manager half-way through the season trouncing us is a calamity.

Starting to get a tingle but what if we lose , what a let down that would be for everyone
It’s ok you can go to bed with your hot water bottle, we’ll have to have hours /days of listening to Chelsea fans gloating:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.