Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
However I’m getting more and more agitated and worried that we are going to be stitched up in this final.
I can’t shake that feeling.
What's the incentive for (presumably) UEFA to stitch us up?

If we were playing against one of their luvvies like Bayern I'd be a bit more apprehensive, but genuinely, what's the incentive for UEFA/Referees/Anyone to want Chelsea to win? There is none I can think of?

What's the incentive for (presumably) UEFA to stitch us up?

If we were playing against one of their luvvies like Bayern I'd be a bit more apprehensive, but genuinely, what's the incentive for UEFA/Referees/Anyone to want Chelsea to win? There is none I can think of?
We beat them at CAS and bloodied their nose.

I was quietly confident that we would win this final. That in itself is unusual for me. It’s just that I think, having watched the QF and SF matches, I’m convinced that everyone at the club is focused brilliantly on this, first and foremost and if we are on our game we will beat whatever team they put in front of us.

However I’m getting more and more agitated and worried that we are going to be stitched up in this final.
I can’t shake that feeling.
Have confidence. We have got this. Our best team will win this more comfortably than most imagine.

Didn't Chelsea do the same with their transfer ban?

Not to the extent we did mate, we have been hounded from day one and Chelsea were part of that collective.

Chelsea's transfer ban was imposed by FIFA, not UEFA ... for their academy signings, some loophole they were using signing younger kids I think ... anyway, that had nothing to do with UEFA.

But on the issue of who's side UEFA might be ... I'd have thought PSG or Bayern were their favourites ... now that PSG is out, only we got that glowing "welcome back into the European family" statement by Ceferin after ESL collapsed ... so here's hoping it's us who have cut any deals in the background and will be the darlings of UEFA going forward ...

I think probably best if we simply outplay the opposition (like we did Dortmund, and then PSG) so take it out of the hands of officials or referees ... just go and win big ... one goal or two goals here or there can be manipulated but if we start like Barca did against Chelsea in the Women's final ... there's nothing even the ref can do to influence the game!

He played in that abomination at Lyon mate.

I hope you are right mate,.

I think he likely cooked his Goose with that non display last night.

You never know with Pep though :-)
It wasn't strictly at Lyon - it was played in Portugal.
But the main point being I don't think we had much option other than to play Garcia - granted my head is fuzzy after trying to keep up in the last week or so ;).
Kompany had gone, we hadn't signed Dias - and we were coming off a "poor" season playing Fern in the back 4. Pep also had a brain fart and decided to play 3 in the middle with high wing backs.
Garcia isn't anywhere near the CL final - and the only reason he's played recently is to protect others.
Along with most others on here - I have no idea what people see in him, I don't think he has one strength

When is it ok to start shitting one's self?
Honestly, win or lose that is likely to happen..but it is the frequency that counts..win and probably just one drop,lose and it will be days of irritable bowel syndrome ..expecting the one drop ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.