Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking this morning that what cheers me is that, by and large, we're a club that wins finals once we get through to them. Plenty of semi-final and quarter-final defeats, but finals? Well obviously in recent history there's 2013 and Wigan. Then going back further there's 1981 and Spurs, and 1974 and Wolves. Then you've got to go right back to 1955 and the lost final against Newcastle United (and we won it the next year). Overall, I'm pretty sure that it's much more on the credit than the debit side. We've played some really dozy quarter-finals and semi-finals (one that will be in everyone's recent memory) but once we get to the big one, we do the business.
I watched the highlights of the 1955 final recently on the YouTube and I could not believe that back then no subs were allowed! Especially when they played in hobnailed boots and if it was wet the ball became a brick and they were flying into tackles like you would not believe.

It really is a different game these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.