Stones
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Foden
Mahrez
Jesus

Jesus over Gundogan is a tough one. Despite Jesus' shaky finishing, I think we need someone to occupy the centre forward position properly though, making incisive runs and pressing them hard with a bit of speed. We really looked at our free flowing best against Everton, sans Raheem's form.

Too often in the second leg against PSG we had no one to pass to high centrally, or to use as an aerial threat.
I think Pep will be more likely to start Gundogan than Jesus as is the case in most European games. However, I agree with what you're saying there and Jesus certainly didn't do his chances of starting any harm either. I thought it was his best game for a long time, perhaps trying to prove a point on this very subject.

Last edited:
The problem pep has imo is even from today KDB in midfield is just unbelievable he is our best player our talisman capable of threading insane passes or scoring from 30 yards. we have had most success in Europe playing the false 9 with KDB playing further up the pitch which means he is not as involved in the game.

Thought Jesus was excellent yesterday (as where The whole team playing with a striker) running in behind, linking play up etc. Guess obvious solution could be to play Bernardo in false 9 but I prefer pace up top. Tough call for pep

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Stones
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Bernardo
De Bruyne
Foden
Mahrez
Jesus

Jesus over Gundogan is a tough one. Despite Jesus' shaky finishing, I think we need someone to occupy the centre forward position properly though, making incisive runs and pressing them hard with a bit of speed. We really looked at our free flowing best against Everton, sans Raheem's form.

Too often in the second leg against PSG we had no one to pass to high centrally, or to use as an aerial threat.
Agree with all of this. That will probably be the team that starts but Jesus made a huge claim to start by his performance yesterday. He was everywhere and would cause Chelsea's defence to stutter. But leaving out Gundo or Bernie after what they have achieved this season would be a huge ( typical Pep ) call.

I think it would have been better if Chelsea hadn't qualified for Europe already as there would have been more pressure on them to beat us. Having said that, we are full of confidence, and as long as we play our natural game, Chelsea have got no chance.

5-0, Foden hatrick, aguero and someone else- that’s my waking up prediction.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Gudongan
Bernardo

Mahrez
Kdb
Foden

Hate to say this but cut out silly mistakes and we win this with ease. Had the feeling chelsea have been running on empty last few weeks. Oh and don't gi e te ref a chance to make any dodgy decisions

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Gudongan
Bernardo

Mahrez
Kdb
Foden

Hate to say this but cut out silly mistakes and we win this with ease. Had the feeling chelsea have been running on empty last few weeks. Oh and don't gi e te ref a chance to make any dodgy decisions
This is the team that starts definitely, Jesus will come on last 20 to run his arse into the ground to press the Chelsea defence into mistakes, we can 5 subs remember so no one really needs to hold back, run yourself into the ground for 60-70 mins get fresh legs on and carry on. I won’t be happy until we can get a 3 goal lead because even a 2-0 I’ll be a wreck.

Agree with you. But, he had a couple of mis-placed passes today that put the defense into peril, not the least the backpass that led to the penalty. Hope he got that out of his system today. Walker was tremendous in his covering today for a few breakaways.
I've little doubt Chelsea will target him (if he plays), and use James to try and bulldozer past him, the same James who's a decent player, but we managed to make him look like a prime Roberto Carlos/Cafu/Maicon all rolled into one recently, a huge part of this game hinges on that left back spot.

My only worry in this game is Touchel's system, we seemed to have struggled the two games we've lost, we master that, and we will win imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.