Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the Everton game has calmed the fuck out of me. It's not just the result. It's not just the goals. Both of which were nice.
It was the level of seriousness, professionalism, focus, concentration, determination, hunger shown throughout the match by every single player on that pitch on Sunday. It really blew away the cobwebs of the two matches against Chelsea and the one against Brighton. If they collectively show that level of seriousness and belief, it is not easy for me to think that Chelsea will have the answers. And it's not plausible that that level of hunger and focus is going to drop off in one week, and for a much, much more serious match.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but the Everton game has calmed the fuck out of me. It's not just the result. It's not just the goals. Both of which were nice.
It was the level of seriousness, professionalism, focus, concentration, determination, hunger shown throughout the match by every single player on that pitch on Sunday. It really blew away the cobwebs of the two matches against Chelsea and the one against Brighton. If they collectively show that level of seriousness and belief, it is not easy for me to think that Chelsea will have the answers. And it's not plausible that that level of hunger and focus is going to drop off in one week, and for a much, much more serious match.

I was happy to see De Bruyne looking bang on it. Usually takes a few games to get up to speed but he was class. Was a bit concerning to see Everton slice through us with the ball in behind so easily though as that will be Chelsea's line of attack. Defensive line and Ederson's positioning will need to be spot on.

Key is to press them to stop them turning in central areas and releasing that ball forwards to Werner or making sure he is offside.... stepping up as soon as Kante/Mount get the ball and are facing forwards etc... or just pinning them in. I think our chances will come from pressing and turning the ball over. Chelsea aren't great at playing out from the back.

Fitness wise come into it and we are in better shape. But I will be shitting it despite the odds being in our favour.

Ultimately, it is a CL final and of all the teams we could have played in it, Chelsea aren't the toughest so got to have some confidence. Third time lucky beating them I say!

2-1 to Chelsea. They have no pressure
Trying to figure out if you are just a miserable nob or or a Rag..hopefully the first, having posted so many times. If just a miserable nob maybe best to keep your thoughts to yourself when we all want City to win,expect us to win,at such a historic time for this club. If you were a player with that attitude, you would never play for the club again.Has covid affected your prozac supplies ??

I was happy to see De Bruyne looking bang on it. Usually takes a few games to get up to speed but he was class. Was a bit concerning to see Everton slice through us with the ball in behind so easily though as that will be Chelsea's line of attack. Defensive line and Ederson's positioning will need to be spot on.

Key is to press them to stop them turning in central areas and releasing that ball forwards to Werner or making sure he is offside.... stepping up as soon as Kante/Mount get the ball and are facing forwards etc... or just pinning them in. I think our chances will come from pressing and turning the ball over. Chelsea aren't great at playing out from the back.

Fitness wise come into it and we are in better shape. But I will be shitting it despite the odds being in our favour.

Ultimately, it is a CL final and of all the teams we could have played in it, Chelsea aren't the toughest so got to have some confidence. Third time lucky beating them I say!
Yes, it was a great day last Sunday. Only downside for me was seeing Reuben treading water for the penalty. He has to be sharp and absolutely on it for the final as they all do. Am sure they will be but that moment goes to show how important individual concentration is.

Wife thinks we will win 3-2.

I have been fucking woeful with my Footy Bets this year

So i am going to bang £10 on her score prediction.

Personally i think we are going to score 4,maybe 5.

Both times they beat us we had under strength sides.With bigger games on the horizon.

I think this time will be much different.

Getting really excited.

My only concern is that if Capt Fernie starts, both Chelsea and their referee will target him for an early yellow card. Hope they don't turn that into a red.

Wife thinks we will win 3-2.

I have been fucking woeful with my Footy Bets this year

So i am going to bang £10 on her score prediction.

Personally i think we are going to score 4,maybe 5.

Both times they beat us we had under strength sides.With bigger games on the horizon.

I think this time will be much different.

Getting really excited.
4-0 that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.