Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just love that the advert at the bottom this page (on my iPad) is a woman sitting in a yoga position eyes closed looking peaceful as if she is willing us to win! (Thank you Arnold Clark) :-)
Spending quite a bit of time in Eccles at the moment as clearing my mum’s house out (she died of Covid just before Christmas). Historically my mum was a Cheadle Hulmer but moved in with an Eccles fella early 2000s, both have now unfortunately passed away. Pleasantly surprised how many Blues knocking about, had it down as proper bandit country, one house even has an Etihad sign on the front wall. You must be doing fine missionary work EB!

Nervous as fuck now. But whatever happens we're there and we're favourites. Everyone knows we should win and if we don't the Chelsea have either been lucky or we haven't turned up on the night.

Jeez I do hope we can win this but tbh given how the season started I am well chuffed we're there!
Said the same thing yesterday mate, if we don't win we are still the best team in the world!

Good morning.

It's here.

I've supported City since 1975.

Although I wasn't at York away, I, like many amongst us, have done the hard yards. Blackpool away 1984 FACR3 being my first...a 2-1 defeat in a gale and a Hail of Tangerine peel being thrown at Alex Williams.

Tonight, is probably the pinnacle of what we're trying to achieve. Maybe if victorious, a World Club Championship would potentially be that.

But first things first.

WE want our club to win tonight, and naturally the team want to win to cap off a season, and in some cases, careers with the club.

Whatever the situation, and game changing mistakes may be made, WE get behind the team and WE give them everything we have, whether at the ground or infront of that TV screen, or by that Radio.

But, if it's not our night, WE rally around the team. They'll be devastated and will need picking up for next season.

There should be no Karius-like recriminations from our ranks under any circumstances. If anyone makes a mistake, there human.

I wish our lads the very best, and I hope they bring home the trophy, to ram every ill word spoken back down the necks of journalists, pundits, and supporters of the History clubs.

Tonight, is for US....but also every sleeping giant....a Sunderland/Everton/Wednesday/Wham, of what can potentially be achieved. I genuinely hope in time supporters of other clubs get a taste of what we've had in recent times.

Finally, for little old City...play hard, play fair, play to your best and have NO regrets.

I leave you with a quote from one of my favourite sporting films:

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it, and it struck the Philistine on the head........and he fell to the ground"

Amen.

COME ON CITY!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.