Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the weakest team City could have played the CL final with during the last 10 years.

Centurions could have played either Zidane`s magnificent Real Madrid or Klopp`s Liverpool or Bayern last year. During the Mancini / Pellegrini seasons - there was Messi in his prime or Real Madrid or Bayern or Atletico, I mean these are the teams that were built for success and glory and most of them did it without any doubts.

Then you have this Chelsea team.. Kante the only world class player with 10 average or below average players, with average manager, playing with the system / tactics / formation - that works only in a dynamic and fast tempo games and etc. and etc.

I mean that's the team destined to be beaten by Pep and Manchester City - built around his ideas during the last 5-6 years.

So, someone please explain - why the hell I'm still worried about it :D
Because we were knocked by teams like Lyon and Spurs who were weaker than this Chelsea side

I think that's the weakest team City could have played the CL final with during the last 10 years.

Centurions could have played either Zidane`s magnificent Real Madrid or Klopp`s Liverpool or Bayern last year. During the Mancini / Pellegrini seasons - there was Messi in his prime or Real Madrid or Bayern or Atletico, I mean these are the teams that were built for success and glory and most of them did it without any doubts.

Then you have this Chelsea team.. Kante the only world class player with 10 average or below average players, with average manager, playing with the system / tactics / formation - that works only in a dynamic and fast tempo games and etc. and etc.

I mean that's the team destined to be beaten by Pep and Manchester City - built around his ideas during the last 5-6 years.

So, someone please explain - why the hell I'm still worried about it :D
I agree. I also think Chelsea have now lost two finals on the trot and that will play on their minds against us. I am not complacent but I am sure that if we turn up and play our best game we will win. Obviously anything can happen on the day, a penalty, sending off etc, but I believe that the odds are in our favour.

I’m more interested in winning the champions league this season than whether Liverpool will be in or out of it next season. In fact Chelsea are likely to be more of a threat next year as I’m sure they’ll be spending big. So for me if they fail to make top 4 after losing the Cup final today, means they’re in a much worse place mentally going into our game than if they had cruised through these last 2 weeks

Chelsea are going to have a tough week securing a Champions League spot. Not ideal preparation for the final if it goes wrong.

I agree. I also think Chelsea have now lost two finals on the trot and that will play on their minds against us. I am complacent but I am sure that if we turn up and play our best game we will win. Obviously anything can happen on the day, a penalty, sending off etc, but I believe that the odds are in our favour.
Our A-game v Chelsea's A-game - we win. But this is no ordinary game - Chelsea will be unbelievably focused. Roller coaster match.

The only worry I have is the runners from midfield and Kante. The latter will turn us over in midfield if our passing game is off especially from fern/Rodri from the back. Thus creating a chain reaction for mount, Ziyech, and timo to exploit the space and run at our back 4. If we can maintain a high standard of passing and control the counter we will win.

If we turnover the ball in centre mid and let them run we will get beaten. This final is all down to Dias, Stones, fern/Rodri, Zin & Walker.
That's what Kante does - reads the game, intercepts, wins the ball, neat and tidy and fast. Pep will be especially focused on him.

Half of their team had a difficult game 3 days ago. Obviously, their players will be fresher in Porto. One must be clueless to think otherwise. It's not only about running, but also about mental freshness. Tuchel rotated a lot less than Pep over the last 6-7 weeks (think he never made 8-9 changes) and may well pay for it by losing to Liverpool and Leicester for top 4. Also, he has already paid for it with today's loss.

Hopefully I'm totally wrong and Chelsea are poor/average in Porto. Won't happen, imo. We'll have to be at our very best there.
They have been average in most games I have seen recently. They got hammered by West Brom and have now lost two on the trot to teams we have easily beaten recently. This illusion of Tuchel awaking the sleeping giant is a narrative concoted by the media, fortified by their beating our second XI twice, the last time courtesy of Anthony Taylor and VAR.

Because we were knocked by teams like Lyon and Spurs who were weaker than this Chelsea side
We were beaten by Refs/VAR in both games. It's possible the same could happen here, but our CL games this year have been pretty well ref'd. Maybe UEFA perversely wants us to win to create a new storyline.

That's what Kante does - reads the game, intercepts, wins the ball, neat and tidy and fast. Pep will be especially focused on him.

The key is not letting Kante face our goal. Let him have the ball but keep him facing his own goal and press him. He isn't the best under that pressure. Stop Chelsea turning and playing through us and they'll be limited to hopeful balls forwards or slow passes wide and back from their centre backs.

Leicester's shape gave me a lot of confidence today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.