Champions League Final | Screening at Academy Stadium

the club definitely going for family atmos and somewhere for the kids to get excited without a load of grumpy alkies moaning at them :D

hope they all enjoy the day out

They’ve left it to the 11th hour, no beer, have to sit down shut up and wear a mask etc, and we know there will be cock ups on the gate / the screens will break at some point.

I’d rather have a few cans with a couple of mates and watch it at home personally.

More proof this place just adores moaning about anything. Firstly it's very obviously a licensing issue with the alcohol thing, they'd sell it if they could, at least they've told you beforehand instead of letting you discover it when you get there.

Besides, If you can't watch the game without alcohol you've got much bigger problems, nothing is stopping you drinking before or after if you need to.

City are doing their best under difficult circumstances to offer as many fans as they can a way to experience the game. it's a few hours without access to alcohol whilst the game is on. If you can't deal with that, don't go, go miss most of the match desperate for a drink elsewhere, they'll be plenty of normal functioning people that will want to go and experience the game with thousands of other city fans.

You only have to look at some of our support when we’re at Wembley; mullered to the point they probably have no memory of the actual match afterwards.

That being said, I will be having a scoop or two on Saturday.
I was so wasted at the semi vs Utd at Wembley, I was so high up and it seemed so steep I kept leaning back and falling over. Was on my own and left 20 mins in.

Never had any more than a few before the match since then, completely ruined it for myself and I am still gutted.

Who can’t go 90 odd minutes without having a drink?

When I go to the game, I drink from 09:00-14:00, then go to the game and don’t touch a drop in the ground, then back to the pub for 17:30-the early hours.

All people need to do is do an all dayer beforehand and then make sure the fridge is stocked for when they get back home!
Couldn't agree more. On away days I'll drink with my mates from the moment I step on the coach, often as early as 4/5am, I'll drink all the way there and in the pub beforehand, then when we get in the ground I just stop for that 2 hours so I'm not spending all the time on the concourse missing the game or in the bogs like a lot of my mates end up doing, missing so much of the match. Some of them wear missing goals like a badge of honour, to me it's fucking stupid. ill pick it up again on the coach home, I miss out on nothing, get to see the entire game and in truth, that little gap often stops me from going under later which I'm sure contributes to me being the last one standing every time.

Some of you guys seriously need to put your postcode in here:-

(and no, I'm not joking)

It's been a while since I have been at the Minihad but there was no alcohol available for games when I was there. If that still the case then the club wouldn't have a licence to sell it and they wouldn't have the means to service a big chunk of the 4000 fans going large on the beer front even if they had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.