Champions League Final | Screening at Academy Stadium

Well that was a massive ballache. Wanting to get tickets for somebody, had to wait ages in the queue went through the whole thing only for the payment to be rejected constantly. Tried 3 different cards none of which has ever had problems and none of them worked.

Tried again constantly over the last hour, once the basket had expired I refreshed for one last try to see a sold out sign. Refreshed again thinking the tickets that have just gone from my basket may be back on sale, there was tickets available again but not the good seats I had originally picked and wasn't able to get as many as I originally intended.

Went through exactly the same process I did for the last hour and this time it magically worked which tells me the problem was with their system.

I now also have 3 seperate payments pending, will have to keep an eye out for how many times they charge me and hope they don't flag it and cancel all of them.

Great for people with kids (young kids) , but its a pity that the club (well some people) doesn't seem too do anything for the adults that follow the club. For me a choice between going to the CFA getting a packet of sweet and a coke and treated like a 5 year old , or going to a pub/mates house or home and enjoy the game with mates and a couple of beers, well there's only one winner !

so what should our thoughtless club do - after all, putting it on at the Etihad; paying for transport to Porto isn’t enough is it.
Mind you, whatever they do, there’ll always be some who want something different .....

No alcohol on sale, not sure too many will be up for that!

Apart from the 4,000 people that have bought the tickets and think it’s worth watching City with thousands of other blues and can wait 90 minutes to drink something.

They could have sold those tickets 5X over. Should be a warm day followed by an atmospheric night spent watching arguably the most important game in our history.

The club pay for travel and go out of their way to put events like this one on and still people find stuff to complain about!

Whats next? “I watched City beat Chelsea 4-0 and was visited by the Sheik so that I could have my picture taken with the trophy. A great day was utterly ruined as the Sheik did not think to bring any hob nobs..oh well I hope City learn from this going forward”

un... be...liveable.

Last edited:
Apart from the 4,000 people that have bought the tickets and think it’s worth watching City with thousands of other blues and can wait 90 minutes to drink something.

They could have sold those tickets 5X over. Should be a warm day followed by an atmospheric night spent watching arguably the most important game in our history.

The club pay for travel and go out of their way to put events like this one on and still people find stuff to complain about!

Whats next? “I watched City beat Chelsea 4-0 and was visited by the Sheik so that I could have my picture taken with the trophy. A. Great day was utterly ruined as the Sheik did not think to bring any hob nobs..oh well I hope City learn from this going forward”

un... be...liveable.
Bit dramatic.

I blame City for my post...they should do something about me but yet again nobody at the club calms me down. I will be writing to them to express my disappointment at not being offered anti drama pills.

I think all long term Citeh fans need stress pills!!! We’ve been through so much over the years & we find it hard to relax and enjoy the good times. I need therapy to cope with Saturday :) :) :)

So there will be 4,000 in a stadium that i guess holds about 7,000, yet when we played on Saturday, 10,000 were allowed in a stadium that holds 55,000, am I missing something?

Bit dramatic.
But true and amusing? :-)
I blame City for my post...they should do something about me but yet again nobody at the club calms me down. I will be writing to them to express my disappointment at not being offered anti drama pills.
There, there @Cobwebcat (love your name by the way) I will sort out a soothing cuppa for you soon.
Your two posts made me laugh out loud. Thank you. :-)

Whats next? “I watched City beat Chelsea 4-0 and was visited by the Sheik so that I could have my picture taken with the trophy. A great day was utterly ruined as the Sheik did not think to bring any hob nobs..oh well I hope City learn from this going forward”

un... be...liveable.
I wasn’t really complaining tbh, just commenting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.