Champions League Final | Ticket Criteria | SOLD OUT

Unfortunately I'm on that first flight , my lad's work wouldn't let him have the Friday off ,and that was all that was left.
The itinerary from Sportsworld says that flights landing before 1pm ,will be taken to the City Centre to the UEFA Festival ,after 1pm they will be taken to the City fan zone at the stadium .

I don't want to be argumentative but that is the opposite of what City have put out. City state Spirts World are NOT providing coaches. It does seem extreme.

Thank the lord I'm not on those club organised trips! You wouldn't treat market bound cattle in what looks like 24 hour 'Kettling' exercise!

I should imagine there are many older fans too, that have plumped for this option without giving serious thought to their own well-being. Some will be utterly exhausted, dehydrated and starving, and that's before we talk toilets!

Nope I've just checked again. Straight to the ground.
The timing would suggest there isn’t much point in travelling into Istanbul because you would be travelling back out after less than 1 hour there. Plus official trips would be better adhering to uefas request for fans to be around the stadium nice and early

Was that info passed on from the club directly to branches as original info on the OS said everyone had to apply for an access code but it didn’t guarantee a ticket. Still unsure why OSC members are allowed to bypass the system on this and many other occasion. Not after an argument but genuinely interested in why branches were getting a slice of the allocation this match in what would appear to be in a different way to SC holders

I think OSC members get their tickets processed via their supporter numbers through City, so by requesting an access code potentially meant they could double dip for tickets or create an issue whereby access codes don't work for them.

UEFA would've been better off handing over the sale of tickets to City directly if at all possible. I know they fuck things up regularly but I feel fans are more worried about these UEFA access codes.

The timing would suggest there isn’t much point in travelling into Istanbul because you would be travelling back out after less than 1 hour there. Plus official trips would be better adhering to uefas request for fans to be around the stadium nice and early
Well each to their own but a 5 30 flight is 3.30am at the airport. The warning is a possible 36 hours in total.....for a grand !

I think OSC members get their tickets processed via their supporter numbers through City, so by requesting an access code potentially meant they could double dip for tickets or create an issue whereby access codes don't work for them.

UEFA would've been better off handing over the sale of tickets to City directly if at all possible. I know they fuck things up regularly but I feel fans are more worried about these UEFA access codes.
Most of the OSC’s allocations for this wouldn’t have filled the demand so not sure how they could of used supporters numbers, I know they process it on it but let’s say if a OSC asked for 30 tickets and received 15, all OSC’s have different criteria for distributing them. Some have random draws between applicants some go off how many games attended this year etc so City wouldn’t know which member is to get them for a least 2 days I’d have thought

City are saying straight to the fan park/ground because uefa are saying get there early and are opening it up at 2pm. They aren't going to go against their recommendations. It's an hour ride without traffic but it's safe to expect traffic so likely longer which means it makes sense they're telling everybody to go to the ground after 11am.

Considering city aren't actually in charge of anything once you're off the plane in istanbul though I can't see why you can't do whatever you want, which includes jumping on the shuttle buses to the centre if thwyre still in operation or even arranging your own transport if for whatever reason the free buses aren't for you.

We will be landing in istanbul at 6.50am, we will be aiming to use the shuttle buses into the centre where we will kill a few hours before checking into our hotel then head out and about for a few hours around the centre, we will get to the ground with plenty of time to spare but don't really want to spend all day in the fan park with uefa priced Heineken, will be much cheaper, more choice, more freedom and more enjoyable to be around istanbul itself for most of the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.