Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Slightly off topic but interesting to read about Ibis. I'd booked with them. For Coldplay on their last tour in Cardiff about 4 years ago. I was on the train there and got a message saying room was cancelled. Gave some excuse about my credit card declining which was bullshit, they also had my phone number but didn't bother to contact me. Had to find somewhere else which on the day of the gig was hard work. Anyway cut a long story short I kicked off royally with head office and subsequently they paid the cost of my alternate two night stay and offered me a free 2 night stay I the ibis Cardiff at anytime in the following 12 months though I never used that part of it.
I guess the moral of the story is be careful prebooking with Ibis.

I've pre-booked with IBIS (free cancellation) for the night of the final. Staying in Lille the night before. Hopefully they don't pull this one with me! Clearly see the opportunity to make more money so don't honour the reservation, but presumably if they did, and I kicked off, they'd have to do the same for me because it's breaching their terms.

Will keep an eye on that and see what happens. I do know someone who lives in Paris so worst case I could hopefully crash on their sofa.

Would anyone know if you could booked the clubs day trip to the final ( if we get there of course) without buying a match ticket ?
I've got 11k points but not on champs league scheme. Was thinking of sorting the trip out first and then worry about getting a ticket afterwards

Would anyone know if you could booked the clubs day trip to the final ( if we get there of course) without buying a match ticket ?
I've got 11k points but not on champs league scheme. Was thinking of sorting the trip out first and then worry about getting a ticket afterwards
I doubt anyone knows at this stage. The only precedent we’ve got is last season when you could book the club’s (free) flights once you’d bought match tickets but due to the unique circumstances of the pandemic, it’s probably not worth using that as a yardstick in terms of what may or may not happen should we get there this year.
If the club were to provide a subsidised or very competitively priced day trip again, I’d say it’s only fair that you’d need a match ticket to book it rather than making it a free for all for potentially ticketless fans.

Not sure what the club did last year as we made our own way. Usually you need to have a match ticket when travelling with the club. Spike ( sporting Options) will no doubt have flights where a match ticket is not required and they're usually a bit cheaper. That's of course if we get there.

Opting into the flight was an option after you were eligible to buy a ticket last year, not before.

Very confident you'll get a ticket but don't think think you should assume the Sheikh putting on free, or even subsidised flights again.

I know its not a popular opinion but I still think we will do well to take 12k. If we take more, fantastic.

Not sure what the club did last year as we made our own way. Usually you need to have a match ticket when travelling with the club. Spike ( sporting Options) will no doubt have flights where a match ticket is not required and they're usually a bit cheaper. That's of course if we get there.
Tickets were handed out on the plane last year iirc - so it was all part of a single package - you bought the match ticket & then had the additional option of joining the club's flights (free thanks to the Sheikh).
Unless my memory is going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.