Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Just in case they let tourists in, but for whatever reason they decide to treat football fans differently to other tourists, have we got any lawyers on here?

Not sure if it's a human rights thing or just plain discrimination, but feels like a pretty solid argument.

Like I said, confident it won't come to that, but I am growing weary of jumping through the relentless hoops, to find another to negotiate. I just want to enjoy the build up FFS

I read it as there being a bubble AND being open.

Portugal's cabinet affairs minister Mariana Vieira da Silva said a set of rules had been put in place for those fans attending the final.

"Those who come to the final of the Champions League will come and return on the same day, with a test done, in a bubble situation, on charter flights," she said.

"There will be two fan zones and from there they will be moved to the stadium and from the stadium to the airport, being in Portugal less than 24 hours.

"Obviously those coming by plane [to be in Porto while the match is on but do not actually go the stadium] will comply with the established rules and security measures will be put in place as happened in Lisbon last year."
Personally I don’t see it. How are you allowed in to Porto, free to go to the town, bars etc but not one specific event? And how about sponsors tickets etc? And sales through uefa.com. Not sure the relevance of them mentioning Lisbon seen as though fans weren’t present! Why would it matter about fans being there less than 24 hours if the whole country is open to UK visitors? I think that was a statement made to pacify locals to show this was an exceptional event but if the country opens up it’s kind of irrelevant.
Why make a statement like keep fans away from the general population when the Algarve would then be full of brits from Monday!

And that doesn’t sound good at all if a true reflection. That basically fucks everyone who has already booked.
Yes, it does. The reopening of Portugal's borders is therefore a red herring in the context of the Champions League final. The bubble will happen.

What I would suggest to anyone who has already booked flights and accommodation is to enter the UEFA general sale of tickets and put your hotel as your address.

I mean, this is Moscow 2014 on steroids.

Match tickets not even on sale yet.

Cant see the Portuguese govt having loads of city fans without match tickets wandering about with nowhere to go.

All a bit arse over tit this imo.

Also, does anyone have any experience of sorting an expired passport out
This was from last year..

Following consultation with the independent Football Supporters Europe network (FSE), UEFA has set the same prices and categories as for the UEFA Champions League final last year. Delivery costs are already included in the prices of all tickets:

• Category 4: €70
• Category 3: €180
• Category 2: €450
• Category 1: €600

can’t knock that free delivery gesture!

Personally I don’t see it. How are you allowed in to Porto, free to go to the town, bars etc but not one specific event? And how about sponsors tickets etc? And sales through uefa.com. Not sure the relevance of them mentioning Lisbon seen as though fans weren’t present! Why would it matter about fans being there less than 24 hours if the whole country is open to UK visitors? I think that was a statement made to pacify locals to show this was an exceptional event but if the country opens up it’s kind of irrelevant.
Well I hope you're right, but last year it was well-known many fans travelled to watch it in Lisbon on TV in a bar.

So little about this pandemic makes sense so one can assume that they just don't want quite so many people in Porto's social spaces. There's probably a well-founded fear that fans will be on the lash until all hours and undermining Covid measures.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.