Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I hope you are right. But the Portuguese will get their kick-start from ticketless fans who already booked their flights and accommodation. They will be allowed in but the match is being treated as a special case for immigration purposes. Its outcome will not hinge on the tourism status of the rest of the country.
Not all, but most fans will reluctantly and begrudgingly rebook travel on the official trip if that's the only way of getting in, or won't travel at all

But again, chill out and wait to see how it plays out. There's nothing you or anyone can do about it either way. Let's wait for some news rather than second guessing things.

I think, reading between the lines, there is an element of confusion here.
Portugals current restrictions last until May 17th.
they are announcing on 16th whether they will open up heir borders to 3rd countries (us) from 17th.
it is widely reported that is exactly what they will do.

possibly this minister was asked a question re the final and answered it in the context of current restrictions, not wanting to jump the gun in respect of the announcement on 16th.
playing with a straight bat.

my guess (hope) is that when they announce that tourists from 3rd countries can come from 17th the whole bubble nonsense will go away.

As a Portuguese travel expert said, can you imagine turning away thousands of Brits on Monday morning when they start flying in?

think we all need to take a step back and wait.
worst case, 4 days of sun & sagres with my mates.

oh, and Fuck UEFA scum. Apparently that’s what we need to say.
This. Now it seems likely they will open up I think the bubble issue will not arise. UK tourists will be welcome and help boost the economy. Seems the Portuguese government have been debating it for some time. I guess if that minister was asked the same question tomorrow you’d get a different answer

I hope you are right. But the Portuguese will get their kick-start from ticketless fans who already booked their flights and accommodation. They will be allowed in but the match is being treated as a special case for immigration purposes. Its outcome will not hinge on the tourism status of the rest of the country.
But it won’t be treated as a special case for immigration purposes if they announce tomorrow UK visitors are welcome now. PCR tests etc should help them sell the decision to the locals

This. Now it seems likely they will open up I think the bubble issue will not arise. UK tourists will be welcome and help boost the economy. Seems the Portuguese government have been debating it for some time. I guess if that minister was asked the same question tomorrow you’d get a different answer
Who knows? My take is that the game is being treated as a separate entity to general tourism. Time will tell.

But it won’t be treated as a special case for immigration purposes if they announce tomorrow UK visitors are welcome now. PCR tests etc should help them sell the decision to the locals
Marianna Vieira Da Silva has some explaining to do if the match isn't treated as a special case and independent travel is allowed for fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.