Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I can see everyone getting giddy again and then bang - massive rise in the India variant and all borders closed again!

This is gonna be a very long fortnight
It's been a long day already. I've been on a right high since I booked it - more than I thought I would - and now I'm fretting about it.

Well I hope you're right, but last year it was well-known many fans travelled to watch it in Lisbon on TV in a bar.

So little about this pandemic makes sense so one can assume that they just don't want quite so many people in Porto's social spaces. There's probably a well-founded fear that fans will be on the lash until all hours and undermining Covid measures.
Possibly, fucking stupid agreeing to host it then?

Yes, it does. The reopening of Portugal's borders is therefore a red herring in the context of the Champions League final. The bubble will happen.

What I would suggest to anyone who has already booked flights and accommodation is to enter the UEFA general sale of tickets and put your hotel as your address.

I mean, this is Moscow 2014 on steroids.
You're talking yourself out of a calm position. Don't give up!

UEFA will pay a fee to rent the stadium but will keep all the ticket money, so the only way it's worthwhile for Portugal is to let us be tourists and boost their economy.

The local bars, restaurants, and hotels will kick off if they don't get a slice of the pie.

I'm absolutely convinced both clubs will go back and explain its just not possible for them to lay on anything remotely close to 30+ planes too.

Sense will prevail (because there's money at stake before anyone responds "not if UEFAs involved")

I think, reading between the lines, there is an element of confusion here.
Portugals current restrictions last until May 17th.
they are announcing on 16th whether they will open up heir borders to 3rd countries (us) from 17th.
it is widely reported that is exactly what they will do.

possibly this minister was asked a question re the final and answered it in the context of current restrictions, not wanting to jump the gun in respect of the announcement on 16th.
playing with a straight bat.

my guess (hope) is that when they announce that tourists from 3rd countries can come from 17th the whole bubble nonsense will go away.

As a Portuguese travel expert said, can you imagine turning away thousands of Brits on Monday morning when they start flying in?

think we all need to take a step back and wait.
worst case, 4 days of sun & sagres with my mates.

oh, and Fuck UEFA scum. Apparently that’s what we need to say.

Possibly, fucking stupid agreeing to host it then?
Portugal can only win here. The ticketless fans will reignite the tourist industry and they're hosting a world event. We are the least of their concerns.

UEFA get their quarantine exemption, the British government gets to look principled and the fans get told to be grateful for 12,000 tickets when they could have had it in Istanbul with no travelling fans. This game has been playing out for a couple of days and this is the end result. The real losers are undoubtedly the fans.

Not only is this damn annoying, it made me forget that the ballot result will be run overnight for the Everton match.....

I fly to Lisbon a week on Tuesday. Hopefully this variant strain of concern wont get out of hand before then.

You're talking yourself out of a calm position. Don't give up!

UEFA will pay a fee to rent the stadium but will keep all the ticket money, so the only way it's worthwhile for Portugal is to let us be tourists and boost their economy.

The local bars, restaurants, and hotels will kick off if they don't get a slice of the pie.

I'm absolutely convinced both clubs will go back and explain its just not possible for them to lay on anything remotely close to 30+ planes too.

Sense will prevail (because there's money at stake before anyone responds "not if UEFAs involved")
I hope you are right. But the Portuguese will get their kick-start from ticketless fans who already booked their flights and accommodation. They will be allowed in but the match is being treated as a special case for immigration purposes. Its outcome will not hinge on the tourism status of the rest of the country.

As long as City allow us to buy without having to book a flight we‘ll be fine. No way to enforce that as UEFA sales and delegates, sponsors etc won’t be in a bubble. The story on itv news now
There's the current problem - and we've had a few getting to this point to be honest.
If the club are told by authorities to only sell to people on day in/day out trips all those who've booked an alternative are screwed!
If I believed in conspiracy theories:
UEFA announce 6k tickets for each club
Portugal announce only day trips are allowed
Clubs can't accommodate 6k on day trips due to logistics
Everyone but the fans are happy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.