Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

No, it doesn't.

I'm sceptical. I think the chartered trips are to allow so many people to enter the stadium, not just the standard 10% being given to Portuguese domestic football. If the boot was on the other foot, we'd be furious if it was 10% crowds but 35% for visiting fans from abroad and UEFA.
I suspect that might be the case, it’s potentially a huge job for FC Porto/UEFA to deal with a crowd - it’s one thing to be allowed into the country, it’s another to host an event. If it’s only clubs’ official travel then they’re able to outsource a lot of the admin headaches to City and Chelsea

No, it doesn't.

I'm sceptical. I think the chartered trips are to allow so many people to enter the stadium, not just the standard 10% being given to Portuguese domestic football. If the boot was on the other foot, we'd be furious if it was 10% crowds but 35% for visiting fans from abroad and UEFA.
We have 10k next weekend. Wembley has around 25-30% this weekend but is back down to 10k for each Play Off Final. Then back up again for the Euros, potentially up to 100% by the time of the final (although I'm skeptical).

There isn't much consistency on the decision making

I suspect that might be the case, it’s potentially a huge job for FC Porto/UEFA to deal with a crowd - it’s one thing to be allowed into the country, it’s another to host an event. If it’s only clubs’ official travel then they’re able to outsource a lot of the admin headaches to City and Chelsea
Hopefully a compromise is reached where anyone who hasn't booked travel yet is encouraged to go on official club trips but those of us who are already booked independently are still ok. After all, it can't be that difficult to police even with Covid restrictions - isn't the stadium just a tram ride away from the city centre?

Hopefully a compromise is reached where anyone who hasn't booked travel yet is encouraged to go on official club trips but those of us who are already booked independently are still ok. After all, it can't be that difficult to police even with Covid restrictions - isn't the stadium just a tram ride away from the city centre?
I wonder if they'll split the groups to make it easier. e.g. City into to say Lisbon, coached up to Porto. Chelsea into Faro, coached up. Suits into Porto and a short limo ride to the ground.

The announcement is good and potentially bad news. Good news because it allows people to travel to Portugal. Potentially bad news because if it is charter-only entry to the game, nobody will be able to get a refund for their flight. There'll be plenty of blues who will honour their independent travel commitments and watch in a bar whilst we might not sell out inside the ground. The world is a crazy place at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.