Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

If there is some priority for official trips only in terms of being allocated a match ticket then I and a few thousand others will be FUCKIN FURIOUS.We beat PSG on 4 May. We’ve so far had almost a fortnight of knowing we’re in the final. Do they expect that nobody will have already made arrangements to get there and back? It’s a free world the last time I looked and to prioritise tickets to those on official trips would be criminal.

I think it's just best to wait and see. In a little over 24 hours we will likely know how tickets will be allocated and with that I expect information to be provided about the testing requirements. I'm hanging fire until such time.

I can't help but think, however, that the emphasis will be on the official package and testing information only provided for people who intend to travel in such a fashion. Equally, I can envisage some sort of prioritisation with match tickets towards official packages. The Portuguese government may yet allow independent travellers to attend the game but it will be discouraged and disincentivised.

lets hope the club show how much the fans actually matter, said previously Utd are subsidising trips to the tune of 200 quid per person, City should be matching this. I can see some tests being waived if you stay in the official bubble

This.

The club package will be the only sensible option imo.

Absolutely. I'd normally look at the cheapest way of doing it, making our own way.

For this one there are too many moving parts with uncertainty around tests, whether independent travellers will actually be allowed tickets etc.

Im happy to just pay over the odds for this as a one off on the official trip (as long as we qualify for tickets and the price is within my budget).

Fair play to everyone who took the risk with the cheap flights to Porto though before the official announcement. Hope it works out for everyone.

If there is some priority for official trips only in terms of being allocated a match ticket then I and a few thousand others will be FUCKIN FURIOUS.We beat PSG on 4 May. We’ve so far had almost a fortnight of knowing we’re in the final. Do they expect that nobody will have already made arrangements to get there and back? It’s a free world the last time I looked and to prioritise tickets to those on official trips would be criminal.
I think they’ll do something but 6000 is a lot of planes so I don’t think they can only do that. It would be impossible at this stage.

To try and make this clear, can anyone advise on the type of Covid test needed for the return flight Porto to Manchester?
we fly out Friday morning then back on Sunday early afternoon so not sure if getting a same day PCR test on the Thursday am in Manchester will still be valid for the return flight as it will be over 72 hours?

The test you refer to should be taken on one of the 3 days before the day of your return flight. Its not a 72 hour issue. So yes, test Thursday in UK can be used for your return on the Sunday. This is EXACTLY the same as I’m doing.

And yes, PCR is OK for return access to UK. In fact you can use ‘any’ type of test for the return, but you need PCR to enter Portugal. As you’re using one test for both purposes, PCR works.

It's an absolute fucking joke how this is still rumbling on! It's in under 2 weeks now and we are all still guessing about what we need to do and zero information coming from anywhere! I would love a couple of days on the piss in Porto but unfortunately it looks like the club trip is going to be the only viable option which makes me wonder if the lack of information is on purpose.

I think they’ll do something but 6000 is a lot of planes so I don’t think they can only do that. It would be impossible at this stage.
I don’t mind a subsidised club trip and if you’re happy to stay in a bubble and go on that - fine. But no way should they get priority on match tickets.
The club could reserve some tickets grouped together in a specific block for all those booking on the official trip so as to avoid mixing with other fan groups. But to get one of those tickets you have to have the requisite points and be in the UCL scheme.

Although City will be waiting on UEFA and the Portuguese government they should have communicated with all fans earlier and said please do not make independent travel arrangements until we provide full guidance in respect to ticketing and travel.

I don’t mind a subsidised club trip and if you’re happy to stay in a bubble and go on that - fine. But no way should they get priority on match tickets.
The club could reserve some tickets grouped together in a specific block for all those booking on the official trip so as to avoid mixing with other fan groups. But to get one of those tickets you have to have the requisite points and be in the UCL scheme.
That will definitely be the case. They won’t just let anyone on the trip, you’ll have to have the required points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.