Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

Maybe this will help fellow blue travellers.

Requirements for travel to Portugal as far as I understand it.

1. Private paid for PCR test taken within 72 hours of flight departure time (Portugal rule)
2. Private PCR or LFT test taken within three days of return flight to UK. Porto airport does LFT tests with 30 mins results. If you travel out within three days of your outbound test (i.e. Test Thursday, Fri or Sat, return Sunday) you can use the outbound test for the return.(UK rules)
3. Private PCR test pre booked before leaving for Portugal to be taken before day 2 after arrival back in UK, proof of test retained to show at border control. (UK rules)
4. https://portugalcleanandsafe.pt/en/passenger-locator-card, to be completed online after check in.
5. https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk, to be completed on line in the 48 hours before leaving for the UK. This is where you put the details of the test booked in step 3 above.

Temperature screening will take place on arrival in Portugal.

I think that's all I know for now.
Mate, many thanks for putting this out, helped me a lot, Ive deleted my stupid question, as I have read your post properly ;-)

I feel your pain haha

I know it's a confusing situation but some posters seem to be ignoring the guidance given and making it up themselves, adding to the confusion.

And some posters are just posting stuff that is simply not correct, which doesn't help anybody.
I feel I fall under the last bracket. I was very confident I knew what the requirements were. The Portugal entry requirements do contradict the government requirements slightly. I know my test (27th) covers me for both Portugal entry and return to England so will stop adding to any confusion if I am :-)

Mate, many thanks for putting this out, helped me a lot, just one thing to clarify if you could, I am getting the PCR test on Wednesday Morning and flying Friday afternoon, back Sunday afternoon, does this mean I do not need to take another test upon arrival back in the UK? This is the only thing confusing me (doesn't take a lot as I am a FOC)
Tried to get sense online but not getting any..

There is no way to avoid the test on arrival back into the UK.

Edit to add...

You can not avoid the pre departure PCR test needed to get into Portugal.
You can not avoid the post arrival PCR test needed to be done within 2 days of arrival back into UK.

Sounds like 72 hour rule to get in to Portugal and 3 clear days rule to get back to Blighty. One test on Thursday if flying out on Friday and back Sunday will do the job. That’s how I’m reading it but I’m no nuclear physicist so could be wrong.

I'm hoping that when city announce details they put on clear guidance of what tests are needed and when just to make things easier for everyone
I agree and think we are all hoping that. But if anything like the Carabao Cup Final they will publish it on the Friday afternoon and leave everyone scrambling around to get sorted.

Mate, many thanks for putting this out, helped me a lot, just one thing to clarify if you could, I am getting the PCR test on Wednesday Morning and flying Friday afternoon, back Sunday afternoon, does this mean I do not need to take another test upon arrival back in the UK? This is the only thing confusing me (doesn't take a lot as I am a FOC)
Tried to get sense online but not getting any..
Judging by the dates/timings you mention you need to do all three of the tests mentioned

Basically EVERYONE needs to do tests 1 and 3 and if your test outbound is conducted within three days of your inbound you can use test 1 for the return flight. If not you need another test in Portugal.

There is no way to avoid the test on arrival back into the UK.

Edit to add...

You can not avoid the pre departure PCR test needed to get into Portugal.
You can not avoid the post arrival PCR test needed to be done within 2 days of arrival back into UK.
Yep, you are right mate, just read Tonsters post properly, I will sort one out before I go.. Cheers

I feel I fall under the last bracket. I was very confident I knew what the requirements were. The Portugal entry requirements do contradict the government requirements slightly. I know my test (27th) covers me for both Portugal entry and return to England so will stop adding to any confusion if I am :-)

It's 2 completely different entry requirements/governments, that's why.

For entry into Portugal, they want a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of your flight.

For entry into the UK, they want a negative PCR or lateral flow done in any of the 3 days before your flight.

Judging by the dates/timings you mention you need to do all three of the tests mentioned
Agreed mate, I was going to get the PCR Thursday but they couldn't guarantee I would get the result in time to fly Friday, hence the Wednesday test.. I should have had a same day one for £200 but just couldn't afford it.. They all seem to be horrendously expensive down South, here in the tropics..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.