Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

My guess...It will effectively be 2 aways that go on sale on the same day

1) CL final - With official travel... 4 to 5k allocation... starting on xx thousand points
2) CL final - Without official travel... 1 to 2k allocation... starting on yy thousand points
There's no logical reason to have separate selling criteria. You'll just get the option of whether you need travel or not. It may reach a point where you are obliged to travel with the club but we don't know that for a fact. Hopefully we will will in the next hour.

I think it's more likely to be on proof of travel plus loyalty points rather than proof of travel alone, and the rest on the club day trip also based on loyalty points.
That's what I think it will be too. Where it gets complicated is do we sell them as separate allocations rather than all at once with the same points requirements. Think about it: city have a set number of travel places they can sell so they can't just sell 6000 tickets and give every buyer the option of free travel. At some point that travel gets full.

My guess...It will effectively be 2 aways that go on sale on the same day

1) CL final - With official travel... 4 to 5k allocation... starting on xx thousand points
2) CL final - Without official travel... 1 to 2k allocation... starting on yy thousand points
That's what I would think but I expect it will be CL scheme plus points, not points alone.

Out of interest, why would proof of travel be a criteria for getting a ticket?

A bargain hunter's bonus?

Or a "prudent tax" for people who wanted to hang fire to see if they got a ticket before buying travel.

I genuinely feel sorry for people with enough points to go who have bought travel and may lose out. But I think it's a bit preposterous to reward them and give them special privileges over people who have hanged fire.
I'm not talking about special privileges. I'm talking about them getting tickets at the same points level as those on club travel.

No. You aren't reading it properly: Ryanair traveller and spike's travellers get the same priority. 2000 tickets are put aside for ALL independent travellers.

Its my off-the-cuff suggestion to cover everyone.
I still don’t think that’s right or will work. I think a bit like Wembley they will let people purchase based on points /cup scheme and assign a method of travel. When all the independent allocations (similar to cars for Wembley) are gone only club travel will be left.

the conversation is futile, Tonster has it 100% correct, the tickets will be sold like always on loyalty points with the caveat of being on the champions league scheme, last season. What trips have been booked won't have any bearing whatsoever
And that's the way it should be. UEFA Cup scheme members and then based on loyalty points. The only fair way and I say that as someone who will miss out based on this criteria even though I've been away with City in Europe before.

I can see both sides to this, but just to respond to one particular load of bollocks.

There are plenty of 22000+ points holders who often prefer to do the official day trips as they can’t necessarily get the time off work.

I’ve always mixed and matched from Timisoara to Copenhagen and Kiev, but on this occasion, having done the previous official day trip to the Europa League game, and also stayed in Porto for a whole week during Euro 2004, I’m not convinced that a 3 night stay would provide that much value, (and that’s before all the COVID bollocks, and the fact that Porto isn’t a 24hr location and most places will shut at 11pm on the night of the Final)

Good luck to everyone on Spike’s trip and all those who’ve gambled on cheap flights, and just assumed that everything would work out okay.

I genuinely hope that everyone has a great time, but on this occasion, (and not dissimilar to the game at Celtic when the Official Trip didn’t have to collect their tickets) those who waited patiently might be rewarded.

Swings and roundabouts, but the vast majority on the day trips have also been going for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.