Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

I have been to Selhurst Park twice :) Once where we lost 3-2 against palace and once where I think we drew against Wimbledon (And it felt like a victory). If I remember rightly, there is an entrance through Tesco to get into the ground.

I have been to Selhurst Park twice :) Once where we lost 3-2 against palace and once where I think we drew against Wimbledon (And it felt like a victory). If I remember rightly, there is an entrance through Tesco to get into the ground.
There is no Tesco entrance from my memory

There is a Sainsburys not far from the ground but it is not an entrance

It is fantastic from the great sheik as I posted before but let’s get it into perspective too.... he Is rumoured to earn £115000 a minute from all sources, so if he pays for 6000 at say 400 quid a head thats 2.5 million which will take him roughly 20 mins to earn back. Probably a bit less if he’s using his own planes. Its a bit like lending your neighbour a tenner and letting him ride your bike.

i will be more impressed if he agrees to fund the fun zone and lay on some pre match entertainment like jugglers and fire eaters, interviews with Timothy Dalton and other super fans. Followed by a production of Les Miserables in one of the main squares and one free watered down club-brewed lager for all fans who went on their own steam
If ww can have Timmy Mallet instead of Timothy Dalton, I'm with you 100% , Brother BeeeeeerMusix

I missed that post but it’s a good one. The official trip will be an absolute nightmare for sure given the numbers they want going on it. If it was just one or two planes as is the norm then fine, the official trip serves a purpose but come on, 3-4000 fans shunted onto planes in the COVID world with no beer and COVID checks?? Not surprised it’s free - even that isn’t tempting me.
Hav to see what the real take up might be...not even sure that free travel is the dealbreaker on this one....direct flights now back under £200 from manc, it’s the COVID checks at £100 apiece and the match tickets neither of which will be funded by the sheik on the day trips so you’re still looking at at 2-300 quid inc match ticket, food, soft drinks, tests etc, for a one day, red eye flying trip (probably a good 4-6 hours waiting in airports and for bus transfers both legs of the journey, plus 5 hours in the air, and a 90 minute match (and possibly more) thrown in so minimum 15 hours straight and that’s if it all runs like clockwork) which may be too much for some, CL final or not... lets not panic yet..

When you’re signed in on the tickets page if you click on the ’my account’ (top right next to your name) it should take you to your profile which shows ticket points in a couple of places.
Cheers Sophie, do you know how many points roughly a 12 year season ticket holder should have?

That's not good but then again has anyone ever made it to Selhurst Park on time?
Me. I was a student and lived in Brighton in the late 70's and early 80's. I left in 1985 and had never returned there until I bought a ticket for the game at Easter 2015. I booked a hotel on the seafront for a couple of nights, ordered my return train tickets from Brighton to a station somewhere near Selhurst Park, and arrived at the ground with enough time in hand to see happy City fans throwing beer all over each other in a strange dance routine I've never seen before or since.

I enjoyed that weekend away, although it was a bit like Eric Morcambe and Andre Previn in that famous sketch. The buildings are all here, but not necessarily in the right places.

It was very odd, returning to a city I'd lived in for 8 years and not really having a clue where I was, but I did eventually find a few pubs I used to frequent decades ago, like The Eagle, Basketmakers Arms, and The Lord Nelson.

As for the final, I won't be going. I can't be arsed with all the nonsense of covid tests, being stuck in a fan zone, and whatever else the powers that be care to throw at us for what, £350 a ticket?

Nah, stuff that rubbish. I'll watch it at home on the telly.

My enthusiasm for top flight football has waned considerably over the last 12 months or so, and I couldn't give a stuff if my points will allow me to attend.

It's a wonderful gesture by the Sheik, it really is, but I can't be bothered with all the hassle. Enjoy your trips out there if you are going, but it's not for me.

Cheers Sophie, do you know how many points roughly a 12 year season ticket holder should have?
Depends if you do cup schemes, platinum, aways etc! So many variables it’s hard to guess at. Bare minimum would be 1000 for first season card and 190 per season iirc but I could be wrong

I think what has happened here is that UEFA got their corporate concessions and 12,000 tickets for the fans. They were happy with the deal but underestimated the Portuguese government's stubbornness over in-out packages. Everything was initially announced hastily to get things moving and everyone forgot about the fans who snapped up flights and hotels. Since that time, the clubs through UEFA have been making strong representations on behalf of independent fans. Progress is slow, however, because the Portuguese government are mindful of public opinion. I heard elections are coming up soon and they themselves underestimated public disapproval towards hosting this event.
Hmm wonder if the free flights offered are not only a great gesture and good PR but also have been put out there to try to stop further independent bookings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.