Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

It's been touched on but I think this is as much about the Portuguese govt selling the idea of 12,000 football fans coming into their country so soon after their lockdown restrictions have ended as it is about anything else. It's shit and really should've been squared off in their discussions with UEFA before Porto was announced and UEFA giddily said 6000 fans from each team can attend, plus it smacks of double standards as they're allowing UK tourists in to enjoy whatever facilities are open, but they had issues with domestic football fans last week when Sporting Lisbon fans turned out en masse to celebrate their first league title in 19 years and it's been said that their behaviour didn't go down too well with a lot of people in the country, so imagine what the Portuguese public think of 12,000 foreign fans coming in.

I'd imagine if this game was a month or so later that the obstacles wouldn''t be anywhere near as bad but the timing of the match coming so soon off the back of a strict lockdown in Portugal isn't ideal.
* 12,000 with tickets

+10,000 plus, without

Can see no fans being allowed and the only thing that happens is the club gets less prize money as Istanbul has had a few quid chucked to it by uefa.

It's been touched on but I think this is as much about the Portuguese govt selling the idea of 12,000 football fans coming into their country so soon after their lockdown restrictions have ended as it is about anything else. It's shit and really should've been squared off in their discussions with UEFA before Porto was announced and UEFA giddily said 6000 fans from each team can attend, plus it smacks of double standards as they're allowing UK tourists in to enjoy whatever facilities are open, but they had issues with domestic football fans last week when Sporting Lisbon fans turned out en masse to celebrate their first league title in 19 years and it's been said that their behaviour didn't go down too well with a lot of people in the country, so imagine what the Portuguese public think of 12,000 foreign fans coming in.

I'd imagine if this game was a month or so later that the obstacles wouldn''t be anywhere near as bad but the timing of the match coming so soon off the back of a strict lockdown in Portugal isn't ideal.
I suspect you're right. And this has all come about because UEFA would not accept our government's restrictions on the few thousand UEFA guests that would have flown into London, and didn't give a second thought about the Portuguese government's entry requirements for visitors from the UK after they agreed that they could come. Almost certainly a UEFA cock up imo for not having the same detailed discussions about fans with the Portuguese government as they must have done with our government about their guests.

As Simon and Garfunkel said Sounds of Silence. Somethings not happening us going probably the Indian variant may have something to do with it

Which makes my decision to move to Wales fucking bollocks... I'm 57 and don't get my second till mid-June..

The perks of having Drakeford as leader and a living in a nation of geriatrics obviously
Ring the surgery. They are now bringing 2nd doses forward in Wales.

Not defending UEFA but there is no doubt in my mind the delay is all down the the Portuguese Gov.

They have obviously back tracked on their original guarantees to UEFA. They have either reduced the initial capacity they guaranteed or are not budging on the anyone that wants to attend the game must go in these bubbles scenario

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.