Champions League Final | Tickets - City Official Package + UEFA Tickets | 2022 Final (pg 1033)

We need to know if there’s a way to opt out of the day trip
There certainly will be for those buying their tickets first. Just depends if there is a set number that they will insist go on the day trip and I would imagine it would then kick in when numbers reach that stage. For example if 4000 of the 6000 have to be on the day trip, once 2000 have chosen the independent travel option, the system may well remove the choice.

Of course there might not be any limitations and the club have just said the majority should use the day trip in order to placate UEFA/Portuguese authorities.

They did do it at Juve.
A mate of mine (Oldham fan) came on that trip. He wanted to sample a euro away trip as he'll never do it with his team lol

He had to use a ticket with somebody elses name on so at the ground pretended he'd accidentally left his passport at the hotel. After a lot of arguing and pleading they eventually let him in

There certainly will be for those buying their tickets first. Just depends if there is a set number that they will insist go on the day trip and I would imagine it would then kick in when numbers reach that stage. For example if 4000 of the 6000 have to be on the day trip, once 2000 have chosen the independent travel option, the system may well remove the choice.

Of course there might not be any limitations and the club have just said the majority should use the day trip in order to placate UEFA/Portuguese authorities.
Hope your last paragraph is true. Funny how Chelsea haven’t said there’s a limit to independent travel.

Nobody is fluking. But tickets are being sent by post if you aren’t going on the day trip aren’t they? Open to abuse.
I think it will be difficult to abuse with passport details needing to be entered, PCR tests needing names that match those on the ticket, etc. It's not impossible but it is more difficult than normal.

The tickets that will be posted will be for those with the highest points who have the luxury of being able to choose independent travel. They are likely to be at the game themselves.

You may never be able to eliminate abuse of the system but you can reduce it to negligible proportions as these measures seek to do.

Has anyone else booked the KLM connecting flights through Amsterdam. As a few people have already mentioned, the gov.Uk website does say quarantine is required on return from Amber countries to the UK, and that “can” include transit stops. However, surprisingly, after speaking to KLM they have told me that no quarantine would be required, but I should check rules with local authorities as the rules that they have been given may differ.

Has anyone investigated this a little further? I’m thinking it ringing an embassy to have a chat with someone over the phone.

If I am staying air side in Amsterdam airport, then surely everyone I can come in to close proximity with will have taken a PCR test within the prior 72 hours, in which case (IMHO) it would be deemed safe.

Even the caviats on the government website can be interpreted to allow transit stops without quarantine

Has anyone else booked the KLM connecting flights through Amsterdam. As a few people have already mentioned, the gov.Uk website does say quarantine is required on return from Amber countries to the UK, and that “can” include transit stops. However, surprisingly, after speaking to KLM they have told me that no quarantine would be required, but I should check rules with local authorities as the rules that they have been given may differ.

Has anyone investigated this a little further? I’m thinking it ringing an embassy to have a chat with someone over the phone.

If I am staying air side in Amsterdam airport, then surely everyone I can come in to close proximity with will have taken a PCR test within the prior 72 hours, in which case (IMHO) it would be deemed safe.

Even the caviats on the government website can be interpreted to allow transit stops without quarantine
You 100% will need to quarantine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.