Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

thank you. I will try leeds

Also a test centre at Woodhouse (Sheffield)

For anyone wanting to get their test sorted as soon as they land in Porto to save messing about after multiple days on Super Bock and very little sleep:

View attachment 17549
Cheers for that mate. I’m going to get mine done when I land on Friday, assuming I’ve managed to get out of the UK!
I’ll hopefully know by then whether an antigen test is acceptable to get into the ground. If not, then might just have to cough up for the PCR

How I view it is how it is in black and white on the relevant part of the government travel website.
It clearly states 3 full days before flight back, not 72 hours. If in doubt, look at their example below.

View attachment 17532
Read that but if read further down on the same web page it seems to indicate if you take your test in the uk before you travel it has to be within 3 days, read the bit further down & let us know your views

We've conceded defeat and are now booked on the official trip.

Too many uncertainties from what test is needed to get into the ground, how and when we're going to get our tickets and the overall cost of what we wanted to do compared to what we can do via the club.

Kind of gutted as we really wanted a good few days in Portugal but also relived because the day trip is far easier for us.

Cheers for that mate. I’m going to get mine done when I land on Friday, assuming I’ve managed to get out of the UK!
I’ll hopefully know by then whether an antigen test is acceptable to get into the ground. If not, then might just have to cough up for the PCR
Sounds good mate! First thing I’m going to do when I land is get that sorted. Won’t be able to relax until it’s out the way. Easier reading hieroglyphs than booking a test in Portugal online.

Read that but if read further down on the same web page it seems to indicate if you take your test in the uk before you travel it has to be within 3 days, read the bit further down & let us know your views

Do you mean this paragraph?

1621703559601.png

It's another reference to days again, not hours, so it falls in line with the other guidance is how I would interpret it.
If you got tested in the UK on Thursday, then your 3 days to board a flight back to the UK using that same test result are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Your test day would be day zero, in the same way that your landing day back in the UK is day zero in regards to the day 2 PCR test you'll have to take.
In my example I land back from Porto on the Wednesday (day zero), so I have Thursday and Friday to take my pre-booked PCR test.

I can only assume that our Government are using days rather than hours to help eliminate some of the ambiguity (which is kinda lol cos it's still confusing as fuck even to someone like me who works in travel)
72 hours is 3 days and 3 days is 72 hours, however when you involve travel across different time zones and things like departure times and arrival times, it makes a lot more sense to use the day measure than the hour measure.

To satisfy the Portuguese Government, they want the PCR test undertaken within 72 hours of your departure to their country, just in case anyone has got confused by anything above.

There are a few clinics in Lisbon (we're in Lisbon from Wednesday to Saturday) that do PCR tests.
I'm thinking we might be best getting one done in Lisbon on the Thursday specifically for access into the stadium rather than taking a risk on the lateral flow or antigen test being OK.

Annoying though because surely a negative PCR test done to get into Portugal with a negative lateral flow or antigen test done on the morning of the game would be enough to get us into the stadium.

Whilst it costs more I think the safest thing is to book a test for Wed and another for Thursday. That way the Wed one will definitely be available before the travel out and the Thursday one for the return. Stops any risk of the “oh sorry it was a bit late here is your money back” as the Thursday one will have been sorted by midnight Saturday But there is a risk it won’t be by early Saturday. Of course living in Scotland everything is a bit shitter so there is no 24 hour one available hence the doubling up

That's what I've done, in theory guaranteed to have your result back before you fly on Sat and a bit of breathing space to get the test result for the flight back (which should hopefully arrive on the Friday anyway)

Too nervous that these test sites will bite off more than they can chew and not meet the committed test result date.

Also thinking that two providers can't both f*ck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.