Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

I hope Blues get out there without any problems. And have a great day to remember.

I fear the PCR testing is going to cause a few problems for one or two Blues.

If all involved in the transiting of fans are using the same PCR threshold criteria between Airport to Stadium. Then everyone might be okay.

If not ,you could end up passing your own test, only to inexplicably fail at another point during transit like boarding a Plane, arriving at the Stadium etc.

A friend of mine who is a Nurse had differing results in just 24 hours.

I think at first the testing Threshold criteria for positive was set to high.

At the match​

• access to the stadium can be slow - there will be ticket and PCR COVID-19 checks; searches will be carried out

This is the only bit I'm a little worried about because we fly out Wednesday 26th and out PCR tests are booked for Sunday 23rd to get us into Portugal. Obviously our PCR tests will be out of the 72 hour range by the time we want to get into the stadium. I was under the impression that we could have an antigen or lateral flow test done on the Friday 28th or Saturday 29th whilst in Portugal and that test result would be OK to get us into the ground. Now I'm unsure because it states there will be PCR checks at the stadium.

I've had a look on Chelsea's website and on there is states:

Covid Testing

Supporters should check with the UK government website on the up-to-date requirements for travel to Portugal and back to the UK.

UEFA have advised that all supporters should have a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to stadium entry or negative antigen test within 48 hours prior to stadium entry.
We fly out Weds morning too. Weve booked PCR tests for tomos at 12 in Heald Green. Like you were planning on getting a Lateral Flow Test in Porto on Friday and will quote UEFA and Chelsea (ive screen shotted info of Chelsea website) if we have any issues at stadium. There will be loads of fans on the day with LFT results so dont think it will be a problem. Spent most of last night trying to sort out a day2 test for our return but most places are out of stock but managed to book with Biograd Diagnostics near the airport for an in clinic test Sunday afternoon for £60. Its a fecking nightmare.

We fly out Weds morning too. Weve booked PCR tests for tomos at 12 in Heald Green. Like you were planning on getting a Lateral Flow Test in Porto on Friday and will quote UEFA and Chelsea (ive screen shotted info of Chelsea website) if we have any issues at stadium. There will be loads of fans on the day with LFT results so dont think it will be a problem. Spent most of last night trying to sort out a day2 test for our return but most places are out of stock but managed to book with Biograd Diagnostics near the airport for an in clinic test Sunday afternoon for £60. Its a fecking nightmare.
I think the best thing to do is have the first test.

Take no chances

Get straight in to a Hazmat Suit, with full biological warfare gas mask until you get in the Stadium :-)

We had the same problem with the Day2 test, looks like all the at home kits have gone, so we have booked Biograd for Monday the 31st

Really hope it's not going to be a problem. The last thing we'd want after all the hoops we're having to jump through is to be denied access into the stadium because the PCR test we've had isn't in the 72 hour range.

I'd contact supporter services but I suspect they'll just refer me to the government website which is the website that's brought the uncertainty in the 1st place.

Last edited:
They have said if you drop off Friday morning they guarantee certificate produced by midnight Friday
When I contacted them they didn't guarantee it but said 'should' which makes me a little nervous as it needs to be printed off before I get to the airport early Saturday. My understanding is that if City are flying back on Sunday at approx. 1am then a test on the Thursday after 1am should suffice and so should ignore City's after 1pm. Not sure where they are getting this from? This should mean dropping off in time slot 6am-10am at bar Pop on Thursday should be ok.

Really hope it's not going to be a problem. The last thing we'd want after all the hoops we're having to jump through is to be denied access into the stadium because the PCR test we've had isn't in the 72 hour range.
Problem is i tried finding places in Porto to have a PCR test done and have struggled so no option but to have a LFT.

Does anyone know why City say after 1pm. If on official trip and arrive back in UK at 6am. Then anytime on Thursday ok, right?

Problem is i tried finding places in Porto to have a PCR test done and have struggled so no option but to have a LFT.
It's looking likely (at this moment in time anyway) that there are going to be a few of us over there with no guarantees of getting into the stadium despite having done both PCR and antigen/lateral flow tests. I was all relaxed about the trip until this morning.

I’ve done this too. Had paid £159 for a PCR test on Thursday with results in just 3 hours so should get the result at 5pm but I don’t even trust that will happen, let alone if I’d paid a bit less for same day results, so I’ve brought the test forward to Wednesday which gives me all day Thursday to chase the fuckers up if I don’t get the result when I should. Sure, it means I have to do the 30 Euro test over there at Spike’s hotel but given I’ve already shelled out over £800, what’s another 30 Euros?
Which test centre ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.