Champions League Final | Useful Information

If you have a hotel in Taksim area, please do everything except use their metro, it's the most complicated thing I've ever done in my life. Most of the employees don't speak English, the ticket machine is in Turkish and all in all it took me more than two hours. But I'm finally here! Anyone in the area for celebration? where are you hanging out today?
We've been using the metro everywhere so far and its been really easy. Luckily at the airport two people leaving gave us their Istanbulkart so we didn't have to buy it. You just scan it on the ticket machine and load money onto it by inserting lira banknotes or using your card. Then you just tap it on the gates to go through. Costs 9.90 lira a journey.

We've wondered around Galata this afternoon. Beautiful streets with cafes and bars. Then walked up Istikal Street with lots of shops all the way to Taksim Square. Taksim square isn't really anything that special, a few kebab shops really and that's it. The side streets off Istikal has the bars and restaurants. Guessing Nevizade is where people will be going tonight?

Yep, and the big one on Nevizade tomorrow night too, I can't wait.

We've wondered around Galata this afternoon. Beautiful streets with cafes and bars. Then walked up Istikal Street with lots of shops all the way to Taksim Square. Taksim square isn't really anything that special, a few kebab shops really and that's it. The side streets off Istikal has the bars and restaurants. Guessing Nevizade is where people will be going tonight?
Blues already here now around Nevizade

They are screening the game at the festival, Yenikapi for those blues without a ticket!
We're staying near Taksim square so will probably head over after a few drinks in Nevizade Street.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608_154811_Champions League.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608_154811_Champions League.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 54
We found the metro straight forward. Got ours at the metro at the airport, which was quiet - Buy your ticket first then top it up. You can change the language to English, although the machine we started on one of the buttons wasn't working for this!

Once you get it it's a quid a trip. So if you go one stop - a quid. But we got from the airport to uskudar for 2 quid each (cos we had to change). 4 quid each including the card price and it was a fair way (40 mins and 22 stops)

Anyone attempting to check in for Pegasus flights, make sure to select "UK Citizen Passport" at the bottom of the list and not "Normal passport". This caught me out.
How did you realise it was an error and what are the consequences, as we have entered 'normal passport' twice,and boarding passes have been issued?

Anyone flying with turkish airlines, if you sign in to their miles n smiles scheme for free and add your details to the booking you can access free wifi. Currently above croatia, on the 1.15 from Manchester. They're not shy on the free beer and wine either, hic.
Thanks for confirming this mate I asked about free booze on another thread and got piss taken out of me haha enjoy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.