Champions League Final | Useful Information

guys I've just managed to get a ticket. Solo traveller...any advice where to book hotel or air bnb please. Looking at Taksim/besiskas or Kadikoy....recomendations be appreciated
I’ve decided to stay in Fatih for a couple of reasons.

1. It’s close to our fan zone and when we get dropped back, that’s where it’s likely to drop people

2. It looks good for a bit of sightseeing the next day before I fly back later that night.

Think quite a few staying over that side. Still some reasonably priced hotels although I think a bit of research into them would be worth it!

I’ve decided to stay in Fatih for a couple of reasons.

1. It’s close to our fan zone and when we get dropped back, that’s where it’s likely to drop people

2. It looks good for a bit of sightseeing the next day before I fly back later that night.

Think quite a few staying over that side. Still some reasonably priced hotels although I think a bit of research into them would be worth it!
Twelve of us are staying in that area, Sultanahmet where all the main attractions are.

Turkish lira has seen quite a jump over the last few days. Currently just tipped 26 lira to the pound when it was low 24 at the start of the week. Unless you're planning on spending a fortune it's probably not going to make a huge difference but every penny counts given the costs of getting there so probably worth hanging on a few days if anyone is planning on exchanging money this weekend.

You can set-up with EE a Travel Data Pass. You only pay on the days you use data abroad. You get 500MB of data a day for £7.84. All you do is text them to set it up.
I'm on EE, I planned on using this originally but after seeing the esim links on here I see no benefits to that over getting an esim which will give me more data (not that I'll need that much) and cost me far less. I'll be there over 3 days, will cost me £25 with EE or I can get an esim with 2gb of data which covers a 2 week period and pay around £5. No brainer.

Turkish lira has seen quite a jump over the last few days. Currently just tipped 26 lira to the pound when it was low 24 at the start of the week. Unless you're planning on spending a fortune it's probably not going to make a huge difference but every penny counts given the costs of getting there so probably worth hanging on a few days if anyone is planning on exchanging money this weekend.

I'm on EE, I planned on using this originally but after seeing the esim links on here I see no benefits to that over getting an esim which will give me more data (not that I'll need that much) and cost me far less. I'll be there over 3 days, will cost me £25 with EE or I can get an esim with 2gb of data which covers a 2 week period and pay around £5. No brainer.
I’d burn through 500mb in about five minutes! Rip off EE.

So, it’s now 1:30 am in Istanbul. The Europa league has just been presented after extra time and penalties. If this is same for us, then it’s going to be bedlam trying to get to SAW for 07:00 flight

I’ve got to get back to Ist airport for a 6.15 flight.

I booked Hotel Sarayevo in Fatih/Sultanahmet area. Nothing special but tiny rooftop pool and 24min walk to Yenikapi metro station. 80 eur a night for one or 90 eur night for two pretty good reviews too on booking.com
Hi I’m looking at hotel Sarajevo but it’s 600 yards from taksim sq I looked for another but cud not see one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.