Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

“46.875% Champions” is correct. But “League” isn’t as it’s not a league format.

It should be “46.875% Champions Mini-league Groupings and Knock-Out Mix”.

The trophy isn’t even called the Champions League Trophy. It’s called the Coupe Des Clubs Champions Européens, or the European Champions Clubs Cup.

So really it should just be called the European Cup.
Absolutely it should be, I can not stand UEFA or their competition but if they renamed it as you suggest I could just about live with it.

Sorry, are you seriously trying to sugges the competition would be as equally balanced and competitive if you only had league champions in it? Surely not, because that would be beyond stupid.
No, I’m saying people would care about 14-0 aggregate wins as much or as little as they do 10-2 aggregate wins.

I just don’t think the competition should have the word “Champions” or “League” in it, unless they change the format to a league format for champions only. If they aren’t going to do that, it should be called the European Cup.

No, I’m saying people would care about 14-0 aggregate wins as much or as little as they do 10-2 aggregate wins.

I just don’t think the competition should have the word “Champions” or “League” in it, unless they change the format to a league format for champions only. If they aren’t going to do that, it should be called the European Cup.

You’re a grown man whining about the name of a competition.

Do you ever complain about us winning the Football League Cup despite City not being in the football league? Ever froth with rage about people getting promoted from “league 1”? How can Spain have two The Leagues? What is a conference? Why does every country in the world not go to the World Cup?

It’s a name FFS.

You’re a grown man whining about the name of a competition.

Dontou ever complain about us winning the Football League Cup despite City not being in the football league? Ever froth with rage about people getting promoted from “league 1”? How can Spain have two The Leagues? What is a conference? Why does every country in the world not go to the World Cup?
Have you seen the “Stupid Little Things That Big You” thread?

Yes, all of those are stupidly named. Another one I hate is that the second tier of English football is called the “Championship” (and rugby, both codes). When you win the Premier League you win the championship. So how can the second tier be called the Championship?

Bloody stupid behaviour from the governing bodies!

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.