Champions League Games 12/13 April '22

Same reason we beat Shalke 10-2 on aggregate a few years ago?

Sorry, are you seriously trying to sugges the competition would be as equally balanced and competitive if you only had league champions in it? Surely not, because that would be beyond stupid.

It definitely wouldn't be their preferred choice either, Make no mistake about it they'll be gutted if we go through tonight. They always let on as if they don't care, They do! They know we are their only real threat of putting a spanner in the works in all trophies now.
Realistically we are the only chance of turning the historical quadruple into just the league cup and need to make sure we do so for the sake of feeding the worlds candle makers.

I have just checked my spread sheet for this years competion and the 32 teams who make the group stages were split as follows:
  • 15 - Champions
  • 7 - Runners Up
  • 5 - 3rd place finishers
  • 4 - 4th place finishers
  • 1 - Europa League winner
By my reckoning the competition this year should be renamed to the "46.875% Champions League".

I could live with that title, it would give us all some amusement.
“46.875% Champions” is correct. But “League” isn’t as it’s not a league format.

It should be “46.875% Champions Mini-league Groupings and Knock-Out Mix”.

The trophy isn’t even called the Champions League Trophy. It’s called the Coupe Des Clubs Champions Européens, or the European Champions Clubs Cup.

So really it should just be called the European Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.