Champions League Haters

I'm not a champions league lover at all, buzzing we won as I want us to win every match we play in. I want us to win this competition as I do in every competition that we compete in and I do feel we are in with a very good chance of achieving that this season, I think all champions league haters or lovers will feel the same way.
i think this covers it. i'll watch any game we play . i'll also watch other games be it CL or league two .
the problem for me is the corruption . it goes back ten years.
our title put us in a group of 3 other country champions . off memory we drew FC Cluj out of pot 4, United drew Dortmund . UEFA said that didn't suit television so they switched the teams.
i think we went out 10 points .
the following year it was changed , champions could not draw champions.

guess who were champions that year?

add that to FFP and VAR V Spurs and the dippers and you can see why it's hated .

Dortmund is the first match where City have had the decisions in their favour in the CL. The disallowed goal, and the penalty. If those decisions were against City, we’d be going mad again, and pointing the finger at UEFA and their corrupt officials.

Don't hate the concept of European Cup what I hate is the bias, corruption arrogance and self interests from the people who run it and a small number of very entitled clubs who the benefits are for them only.

Being really honest, I find the small numbers of City fans who claim not to be bothered about the Champions League to be a bit small-minded, parochial and pathetic. It's the biggest club competition in the world for god's sake. The only way as a fan I can ever get close to the Aguero moment would be by winning it.

I'd sacrifice the league right now if it meant winning it this year.
way to insult people

Being really honest, I find the small numbers of City fans who claim not to be bothered about the Champions League to be a bit small-minded, parochial and pathetic. It's the biggest club competition in the world for god's sake. The only way as a fan I can ever get close to the Aguero moment would be by winning it.

Not a chance swapping the league for UCL

It's the media narrative that we as fans are desperate to win the CL that pisses me off. They make so many assumptions about our fan base and they are so often very wide of the mark. I personally am not having some jumped up pundit **** telling me i am desperate to win the CL when i am not. It is as though they are taking the piss out of us assuming we are the same as fans of other clubs whose whole existence centres on the CL.

100% and its the same United fans we have as mates who bring it up, always say. No its the media

Bang on.

Winning the PL is wonderful,but it will just go down as 'another one'

Winning the CL will cement us as a genuinely elite club,and will remove the only reason to criticise that claim.

Generally consider the Quarter Finals to throw up the best football games; anything before tends to be a mismatch, anything thereafter tends to be too nervy and thus no spectacle.

Give up the league for a cup competition? Fuck me. Small time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.