champions league home games

The capacity of the Etihad is usually 47805. However UEFA restrict that to 45500 (dunno how we managed to get 46002 against München when it is restricted to lower than that) for Champions League games.

Most of the time the away section isn't full when we play in Europe (it probably will be with the three clubs we have this season). Plus we haven't got a particularly big fanbase, when comparing to the types of club we're now rubbing shoulders with instead if being on a level of quality with Fulham and West Brom. So it's quite fathomable that we'd get around 42000-45000 in the Etihad for Champions League games - which we will.

I'd love to see our ground packed to the rafters for every single game, stadiums look great when they're literally full, but we do okay for a club with a fanbase the size of ours.

nicholasjackson said:
why are we struggling to sell out in these games?

every home game we sell out, take good away followings everywhere.

prices arent that bad, i got a season ticket in south stand, dont have to move next tuesday and am really looking forward to it as dortmund are a very good side.

napoli Att:44,026
villareal Att:42,326 about 30 away fans so not bad
bayern munich Att:46,002

weve got best team/ squad ever with yaya,tevez, sergio,silve etc but people who go every league game dont turn up in champions league, we only ever played these teams in thomas cook trophyin past,surely all the mouthy hangers on who infiltrate facebook/twitter claiming to be blues should be snaping up these spare tickets

come on city fans its never been so good, jump on the champions league ride and enjoy watching the champions against likes of Neven Subotic,Robert Lewandowski , Mario Götze, Marco Reus, Mats Hummels , youll all be wanting a ticket when madrid roll up at eastlands

Bloody hell, NJ, I was just about feeling OK after the Villa match and yer have to mention that lot!

danburge82 said:
The capacity of the Etihad is usually 47805. However UEFA restrict that to 45500 (dunno how we managed to get 46002 against München when it is restricted to lower than that) for Champions League games.

Most of the time the away section isn't full when we play in Europe (it probably will be with the three clubs we have this season). Plus we haven't got a particularly big fanbase, when comparing to the types of club we're now rubbing shoulders with instead if being on a level of quality with Fulham and West Brom. So it's quite fathomable that we'd get around 42000-45000 in the Etihad for Champions League games - which we will.

I'd love to see our ground packed to the rafters for every single game, stadiums look great when they're literally full, but we do okay for a club with a fanbase the size of ours.
The highlight of the Europa League games were the visiting European fans who taught us a lesson in how to support their team. And we've copied them to some extent.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
nicholasjackson said:

prices arent that bad, i got a season ticket in south stand, dont have to move next tuesday and am really looking forward to it as dortmund are a very good side.

weve got best team/ squad ever with yaya,tevez, sergio,silve etc but people who go every league game dont turn up in champions league, we only ever played these teams in thomas cook trophyin past,surely all the mouthy hangers on who infiltrate facebook/twitter claiming to be blues should be snaping up these spare tickets

come on city fans its never been so good, jump on the champions league ride and enjoy watching the champions against likes of Neven Subotic,Robert Lewandowski , Mario Götze, Marco Reus, Mats Hummels , youll all be wanting a ticket when madrid roll up at eastlands

Bloody hell, NJ, I was just about feeling OK after the Villa match and yer have to mention that lot!

its ok none of them anything like agbonlohor or nzogbia

I'm on the European cup scheme so will be there. I have to travel over from the isle of man so it is often awkward to get over midweek but I have booked two days off work, I will be in town on the day (possibly mingling with our new German friends) Mary ds before the game and south stand during. Hoping for an immense atmosphere. Last years champions league games were disappointing. Let's hope for better luck this year!

I'll be at the Dortmund game !! Hopefully the Cup loss will have been the swift kick up the backside we've needed for a while

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
nicholasjackson said:

David Silva,Kun Aguero,Carlos tevez,Yaya Toure,Vincent Kompany,feel better now?

Black_Yellow_1909 said:
neildrum said:
The game is on the Wednesday mate.

Dear All,
First of all hello from Dortmund/Germany.
As you are aware the mighty BVB will take on ManCity next Wednesday, which btw. is a German national holiday, so I think a lot of people will travel ;-).

We are looking forward to visit one big capital city of football, Manchester.
Maybe you know the history of Borussia Dortmund a little bit, good side to read the official club side:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bvb.de/?%9E%5E%1B%E4%F4%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bvb.de/?%9E%5E%1B%E4%F4%9D</a>

After winning German national title two times in a row and winning also the German FA cup (DFB Pokal) in a stunning final in Berlin 5:2 against Bayern Munich, we are back in business in Europe. We have managed to win 66 against Liverpool in Glasgow the European Cup Winners' Cup and in 1997 we have won as the first German team the Champions League against Juventus in Munich ;-))...great win!

Last year we have just finished fourth in the CL group and this year the competition is even bigger, great group!

BVB Fans are very enthusiastic about football and also drinking and singing ;-). We are representing our black+yellow (coal and steel) and we like to travel Europe. So last year we have to Arsenal London and it was great atmosphere, despite losing 2:1.

We are opened minded and not related to trouble, so you are invited to have a pint or two and talk some football gossip.

I would encourage you to travel to Dortmund for the back game. The Westfalenstadium is one of the best grounds ever. Unfortunately we have to downsize capacity from 80Tsd supporters (South stand holds 27TSD standing) down to 66TSD.

Good fan web sides to check from time to time:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/index_com.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/index_com.html</a>
and a good side for vids:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/videos_rund_um_den_bvb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/videos_rund_um_den_bvb.html</a>
and for pics:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fotos-kirsche.de/gallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fotos-kirsche.de/gallery/</a>

So Manchester City, we are looking forward to next week - Cheers!

Welcome mate , and nice post ......

yeah , we are lookin' forward to the games against your club , we've heard a lot about your stadium , your team , and your fans .... all very impressive i might add.

But , as we lost in Madrid , it's looking like we're gonna have to win this game to make up lost ground in the group , so i'm expecting us to put on a bit of a show against Dortmund ...... we lose this one and , for me , it'll be goodnight vienna !

Midweek night. School night for small kids, people have work the next morning, plus its an extra £35 out of pocket per person.

That being said people get WAY too bent out of shape over shitty little things like a few empty seats. It doesnt fucking matter.

LoveCity said:
bluebannana said:
too expensive for most, even last years games most the people I was sat around were "tourists" and werent english- ie lots of chinese speaking people.

I don't get it, we sell about 10,000 tickets on general sale/Blue members for league games which are often priced around the same, sometimes more. A ticket costs £3 more for this game for example for non-cup scheme adults than the Sunderland game that follows it. I know which game I'd rather see. Do we have the poorest fans in the world or something, Newcastle charge more than us for many games and are averaging about 50,000 and even got 30,000 for an early round Europa League game against Atromitos of Greece.

we dont have that big a fanbase. Newscastle is a one city club thats why they can get those numbers easy. For a lot of people they can only afford a season ticket, therfore extra gaems- ie champs games, cup games often become hard to go to/ afford. Add to the fact most people care more about the premiership than the champions league- I know most will say thats not true on here, but based on lack of demand I would say it is .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.