champions league home games

philiph20 said:
Have we actually attracted many new match going fans since we won the league or the F.A Cup?, i would suspect very very few and it is the same crew more or less who have always been there, i would say it dispels the notion that the Etihad is suddenly full of day trippers.

I've taken photo's for Chinese already on day trips at Eastlands. More to follow I'm sure. Being at the pinnalce means you always attract 'reflected glory' types.

I have seen a few but they could quite easily be students at Manchester or Salford in some instances who get cheap tickets but we seem to be in the same boat for cup games as we have been previously in that we have trouble shifting them so it appears the new fan numbers are not that significant, maybe the lapsed blues who live locally are still not attending games even with the recent successes.

Hi Lads,
First of all thanks for all of your replies!
Just wanted to give you some more information.
Borussia just won their last home game 5 - nil against a good side from Borussia Mönchengladbach. Here the official matches report on the club side:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bvb.de/?_%1B%E4%F4%9D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bvb.de/?_%1B%E4%F4%9D</a>
Here the view from a fan side:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/index_com.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/index_com.html</a>
There you also find the report from our Arsenal away game last season:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/beer-bratwurst-and-song--what-a-great-night-out-6371621.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/beer-br ... 71621.html</a>

Here a vid from the crowed during the game:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-09-30_video_torparade_bvb_-_borussia_moenchengladbach_gladbach_5_0_westfalenstadion_dortmund.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2012-09-30_vi ... tmund.html</a>

and here some pics:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fotos-kirsche.de/gallery/index.php?action=showgal&cat=206" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fotos-kirsche.de/gallery/ind ... al&cat=206</a>

just as an information to get 'warm up' for this Wednesday ;-).

So we have received a 11 pages PDF 'Supporter Information' guide with the do's and don'ts ;-)...looks like a lot of regulation. Most strange thing is that the game probably is not sold out but we are not allowed to buy more tickets.

I'll post some more game related information as soon as it is available.
Looking forward to a real good football game on Wednesday and some great days in Manchester!

Cheers,
Tom

P.S.: Kind of difficult that there are different threads regarding the CL game...

Marvin said:
nicholasjackson said:
why are we struggling to sell out in these games?

every home game we sell out, take good away followings everywhere.

prices arent that bad, i got a season ticket in south stand, dont have to move next tuesday and am really looking forward to it as dortmund are a very good side.

napoli Att:44,026
villareal Att:42,326 about 30 away fans so not bad
bayern munich Att:46,002

weve got best team/ squad ever with yaya,tevez, sergio,silve etc but people who go every league game dont turn up in champions league, we only ever played these teams in thomas cook trophyin past,surely all the mouthy hangers on who infiltrate facebook/twitter claiming to be blues should be snaping up these spare tickets

come on city fans its never been so good, jump on the champions league ride and enjoy watching the champions against likes of Neven Subotic,Robert Lewandowski , Mario Götze, Marco Reus, Mats Hummels , youll all be wanting a ticket when madrid roll up at eastlands
Because for League games 36k have already got their tickets and you only need a few thousand more to sell the game out. For Cup games, everyone has to buy tickets and for some who live outside Manchester it's very difficult to get there and back with the Kick off time. My brother for example had to run all the way back to Piccadilly Station on Tuesday night to catch the train. And then there's money. if you have paid £500 for a seasoncard, you then have to shell out again, and many have to pay for kids, travel etc. Adds up if you have a family and pay bills etc. Middle Class fans who make up much of clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd's support don't have such worries.....they spend loads on lesiure. The trouble for these clubs is that if they start to struggle these fans will not be interested. We should keep that in mind when we price games. Don't price the regular fans out

bang on the money.

Marvin said:
nicholasjackson said:

prices arent that bad, i got a season ticket in south stand, dont have to move next tuesday and am really looking forward to it as dortmund are a very good side.

weve got best team/ squad ever with yaya,tevez, sergio,silve etc but people who go every league game dont turn up in champions league, we only ever played these teams in thomas cook trophyin past,surely all the mouthy hangers on who infiltrate facebook/twitter claiming to be blues should be snaping up these spare tickets

come on city fans its never been so good, jump on the champions league ride and enjoy watching the champions against likes of Neven Subotic,Robert Lewandowski , Mario Götze, Marco Reus, Mats Hummels , youll all be wanting a ticket when madrid roll up at eastlands
Because for League games 36k have already got their tickets and you only need a few thousand more to sell the game out. For Cup games, everyone has to buy tickets and for some who live outside Manchester it's very difficult to get there and back with the Kick off time. My brother for example had to run all the way back to Piccadilly Station on Tuesday night to catch the train. And then there's money. if you have paid £500 for a seasoncard, you then have to shell out again, and many have to pay for kids, travel etc. Adds up if you have a family and pay bills etc. Middle Class fans who make up much of clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd's support don't have such worries.....they spend loads on lesiure. The trouble for these clubs is that if they start to struggle these fans will not be interested. We should keep that in mind when we price games. Don't price the regular fans out
So how many middle class do you think go and watch the rags out of the 70'000+

The cookie monster said:
Marvin said:
nicholasjackson said:

I don't get that bit either.
I know we joke about manure fans coming from Pluto,but that just makes night games even harder for their out-of-town support,(ie most of it),to get to games,yet they still pretty much sell out.
I don't see the scum having a more middle class fanbase than us.
London clubs maybe,but then that still doesn't explain why the Arse and Chelski struggle to fill their grounds for European ties.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The cookie monster said:
Marvin said:

I don't get that bit either.
I know we joke about manure fans coming from Pluto,but that just makes night games even harder for their out-of-town support,(ie most of it),to get to games,yet they still pretty much sell out.
I don't see the scum having a more middle class fanbase than us.
London clubs maybe,but then that still doesn't explain why the Arse and Chelski struggle to fill their grounds for European ties.

Its hard to grasp for many on here that they just have more fans than us that go..
And its as simple as that..

its just down to price In my opinion, charging £35 a ticket for some, if not most people is not really doable when your already shelling out £500 on a season ticket.

Of course everyone wants to watch champions league football.

I'll be there though. ;)

plus ive just been on the ticket site and theres only a few left in each block as far as im aware.

There weren't that many unsold tickets last time around, when you take the reduced capacity + unsold away tickets into account.

Some people need to stop giving themselves a hard time about it. We have a top support and we will be close to selling out tomorrow as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.