Champions League Semi-Finals

BigOscar said:
conormcfc said:
MSP said:
Modric is top class but that is an utter nonsense, lol.
How?

Ronaldo scores loads of goals, but that's it. Why does this myth of him being a complete player continue to be regurgitated? Is it because he's heavily built but can still run fast or something?

Modric can do everything at both ends of the pitch. Ronaldo scores goals. It's not even a slant on Ronaldo, obviously he's great at what he does. But there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of players more complete as footballers than him.
It is hard to see how someone who does literally no defending can be considered a "complete player", I agree
Shall we all agree on Ronaldo being the "complete forward"?

Mrmcfc said:
BigOscar said:
conormcfc said:
How?

Ronaldo scores loads of goals, but that's it. Why does this myth of him being a complete player continue to be regurgitated? Is it because he's heavily built but can still run fast or something?

Modric can do everything at both ends of the pitch. Ronaldo scores goals. It's not even a slant on Ronaldo, obviously he's great at what he does. But there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of players more complete as footballers than him.
It is hard to see how someone who does literally no defending can be considered a "complete player", I agree
Shall we all agree on Ronaldo being the "complete forward"?
Aye, that would be a lot fairer (although I don't think he has the passing and vision of Messi). When Messi's pace goes, I could see him dropping into a Pablo Aimar type creator role, but I don't think Ronaldo would be able to adapt to another postion wihtout his physical attributes, except maybe striker

I was angry to see Bayern today, not because I have any love for Bayern, but because first and foremost I am a football fan. Bayern were the best team I have ever seen and to see them destroyed so quickly is a sad sight.

Whatever, you think of me or my opinion. The question has to be asked if a random mug on a City forum with just Palace academy level football background can give reasons why Pep's tactics will fail against any counter attacking team of note, why the hell did Pep continue with it and subsequently get the thrashing?

supercrystal7 said:
I was angry to see Bayern today, not because I have any love for Bayern, but because first and foremost I am a football fan. Bayern were the best team I have ever seen and to see them destroyed so quickly is a sad sight.

Whatever, you think of me or my opinion. The question has to be asked if a random mug on a City forum with just Palace academy level football background can give reasons why Pep's tactics will fail against any counter attacking team of note, why the hell did Pep continue with it and subsequently get the thrashing?
Because as we've discussed before mate, he still has to learn to accept when he's wrong. Pep Guardiola thread on the bluemoon forum probably better than this one if you want to discuss it, just don't slag off city when you're in there ;).

So Chelski v Atletico then ... who do you want to win?

After Sunday, I am conflicted.

Re: So Chelski v Atletico then ... who do you want to win?

I'll cheer on the Chavs for the sake of Sundays performance but will also be happy enough to see Atleti go through as Atleti v Real would be a cracking final.

Re: So Chelski v Atletico then ... who do you want to win?

Atlético , When I said I'd support Chelsea if they hung on on Sunday, I lied. Plus I don't want a final of Chelsea bus parking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.