Champions League Squad - Jovetic Out (Updated Page 36)

I would have dropped Kolarov and kept Jovetic in. At this level now I think you need your best defenders so would be surprised if Kolarov played. As a fall back if Clichy got injured I've seen Zabba play well at LB and Sagna can also play there I think.

The whole things a farce. As I have already sed, i personally think Jovetic gives alot more then Dzeko but let's face it, against Chelsea when the team needed a goal and Manuel had both Dzeko and Jovetic on the bench he opted to get Lampard on first. And if I remember correctly he did the same against Arsenal.

cookster said:
I'm not Edin's biggest fan, his work rate and first touch do my nut in. However when the balls in the box he comes alive, without his goals we wouldn't be 2 x Champions.

Not sure what Jovetic has done to deserve so much soul searching. He wouldn't start and apart from a Cameo against Chelsea in the FA Cup has not really impressed.

indeed

if he were to leave then..............................................meh

Edin has proven his worth

High time we swap jovetic with messi.. Both play the support striker/ false number 9 role for their clubs

Armaan said:
I know it won't be popular but against barca I'd play bony up top alone instead of kun. We'll need numbers in midfield and Bony can play up top alone brilliantly.

You're right.
It won't be popular.
Because it's fucking mental.

cookster said:
I'm not Edin's biggest fan, his work rate and first touch do my nut in. However when the balls in the box he comes alive, without his goals we wouldn't be 2 x Champions.

Not sure what Jovetic has done to deserve so much soul searching. He wouldn't start and apart from a Cameo against Chelsea in the FA Cup has not really impressed.

Lets forget the opener against Liverpool then which got our season started. Notwithstanding the 100% effort that Jojo puts in everytime he is on the pitch, he offers much more versatility than Dzeko and Manuel knows that. Yes, he loses posession in trying neat tricks and flicks, but that can be worked on. He has raw ability matched with passion and desire, not sure Edin has the same DNA.

In terms of Summer transfers, I see it different to most on here, who like me are only speculating, but I see Jojo staying with us and Dzeko moving on. In picking Dzeko for the CL, he retains his stock and will allow us oportunity to refresh in the summer sales.

I do think one will be leaving next window. I like both players, but if I were to choose one to retain, it would be Jojo.

the talisman said:
Armaan said:
I know it won't be popular but against barca I'd play bony up top alone instead of kun. We'll need numbers in midfield and Bony can play up top alone brilliantly.

You're right.
It won't be popular.
Because it's fucking mental.

Its mental, but not that mental. If we play one up front against Barca its unrealistic to expect that player to play for the full 90mins. The beauty of bringing in Bony is that he can replace Aguero after 60 mins without massively reducing our attacking threat. And for some games it might make sense to start with Bony and bring on Aguero after 60 mins. Perhaps Barca away if we have a 1-0 lead.

Having said that, Aguero started as a single striker against Bayern and didnt do too badly in the final 10 mins! So what do I know? But in that game we brought on a second striker after 66mins. That might not always be an option.

Don't know how much of this report is just rumours to sell news but seems he could have left in the Jan window but turned offers down to fight for his place..I'm guessing that if he knew he would be left out of CL squad, he might have agreed to make the move to a new club.....

Manchester City working to sell star despite him rejecting offers in January
Posted by SPORT WITNESS on February 6, 2015 at 7:01 in Sport Witness Football

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-city-working-to-sell-star-despite-him-rejecting-offers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... ing-offers</a>

Stevan Jovetic has been given more than a big hint by Manchester City about his future after the Premier League champions left him out of their Champions League squad. The signing of Wilfried Bony meant that something, or rather someone, had to give and that man turned out to be Jovetic. Manchester City have therefore given the forward a huge hint about his future and, just in case he's not ready to swallow that, the footballer's agent has also been told that a summer move is fine as far as the club is concerned.

Italy's Calciomercato explain that Jovetic had several offers during the winter transfer window. He's very highly rated in Italian football which dates back to his time with Fiorentina. Jovetic was so impressive for the Florence club that when he left he was wanted by several top European sides, but Manchester City beat them all to his signature.

Jovetic's agent has now been informed that the player is free to leave Manchester City during the summer transfer window, he's not an untouchable player for the Premier League club. That the decision on a potential sale and the blow of being removed from the Champions League squad have come so soon after Jovetic turned down offers to fight for his Manchester City future, will surely be a blow.

Jovetic is a main reason we are now in the knock-out stage. He changed the game at home to Bayern, having a hand in both our second and third goals. It think it is harsh that he's not in the CL squad...but then, Bony could be a match winner himself and who else would we have been able to drop?

The squad restriction presumably only applies to this season? It was part of the FFP punishment for 2014-15. So we might be talking about only two matches that Jovetic was excluded from, if we go out to Barca?
I rate Jovetic, and I'm not at all convinced that he wouldn't have come good for us. I would select him for a number of our league matches, if I wanted him to know that there's a future for him here. If he isn't selected for the league, then the writing's on the wall. But Nastasic on the scrap heap. Now this? I really wonder about the long-term wisdom of it. Both have had injury problems, but these are not rubbish players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.