Championship Thread - 2023/24

Madness, thought he was doing a good job there.

Hull City head coach Liam Rosenior has been sacked after failing to guide his side into the Championship play-offs, BBC Radio Humberside understands.

Rosenior, who had agreed a three-year deal in December, steered the Tigers to seventh place in the Championship this season – their first top-half finish since 2016.
As you say, madness

The Championship is probably as exciting as any league in europe, mainly because any team is capable of beating all the other 23 on their day. The standard though is fucking appalling, hence the three that came up last year are all going back down. I went unexpectedly to Blackburn v Sheffield Wednesday a few weeks ago. Wednesday were ok, backed my a massive following too. The other side Blackburn were dire, they have however beat both Leicester and Leeds away in the last few weeks. Shite league and I hope them cocky for no fucking reason Ipswich inbreds are down before Christmas. Picture after picture of 3-4000 away followings on social media when they are winning. Yet shit home gates and followings when they are not. They wondered what the fuck had hit them at Villa Park in 1981 too.

Madness, thought he was doing a good job there.

Hull City head coach Liam Rosenior has been sacked after failing to guide his side into the Championship play-offs, BBC Radio Humberside understands.

Rosenior, who had agreed a three-year deal in December, steered the Tigers to seventh place in the Championship this season – their first top-half finish since 2016.
Ludicrous decision. What did the Hull owners expect? I'm assuming that they don't have one of the bigger budgets in the Championship. And, as you've said, they've achieved their highest finish in 8 years. A bit of clever wheeling and dealing in the transfer market over the summer, and they could have been looking at a serious push for a top six spot next season. I wouldn't imagine that he'll have too much trouble getting another job. Question for @West Yorks Owl; if you can’t hold on to Danny Röhl, what would you think of Rosenior getting the gig at Hillsborough?

Ludicrous decision. What did the Hull owners expect? I'm assuming that they don't have one of the bigger budgets in the Championship. And, as you've said, they've achieved their highest finish in 8 years. A bit of clever wheeling and dealing in the transfer market over the summer, and they could have been looking at a serious push for a top six spot next season. I wouldn't imagine that he'll have too much trouble getting another job. Question for @West Yorks Owl; if you can’t hold on to Danny Röhl, what would you think of Rosenior getting the gig at Hillsborough?

I'd rather keep Rohl obviously but I quite like Rosenior, if you believe the rumours he was the one that got results at Derby when Rooney was in charge.

Regarding Hull & bigger budgets from what I've read they may have FFP issues if they don't go up soon. They spent £4.5m on Jayden Philogene last summer, plus Connolly, Omur, Pandur for fees. Then good loan players like Carvalho, Zaroury on loan who won't have been cheap.

Their crowds have increased which will help but I think the owner needs them to go up sooner rather than later.

Really feel for Liam Rosenior...doing a good job to cobble together a team from the wreckage at Derby, started the season well and was sacked for no good reason. Had Hull punching above their weight and just missed out on the playoffs and rewarded with the sack. Absolutely crazy. Like you say, if the man child can't back Rohl he'd be a great choice for Wednesday or indeed any Championship club.

Never heard Huddersfield (I presume) called that before. I guess I need to speak to my parole officer about getting out a bit more. And don't talk to me about ankle tags.
Because they're called the terriers. Oh and apparently, a town fan was once caught having intercourse with a dog. Keith Lard style

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.