Championship Thread - 2023/24

With this season's influx of "players" (and I use that term loosely) be happy with £1m on players.

We've had more statements than points this season, it feels like we are entering end game under Chancer.

He's a manchild who can't accept criticism, but is very happy to dish it out.

Typical divide and concur tactic with the fan base, he doesn't know how to run a club with daddy's money so blames everybody else. Instead of looking at past mistakes and doing the simple things like employing a DOF or CEO

It will get worse before it gets better, and who knows where the club will end up but we can't carry on like this.

@Stockport mackem Ask Margaret the Tealady if she fancies a game tonight, could be a good run out for her to get some match fitness.
Liked in sympathy. Clubs really are at the mercy of their owners. Who knows where we would be without Garry Cook?

The owner is spoilt little brat.

That statement reads as Eric Cartman saying screw you guys I'm going home!
He always gets mentioned as "Successful Business Man" but if you Google him all you find is links back to the TUF *Thai Union Group) which is the family Tuna business. He has no role with this and when we were first taken over all links/photos to TUF disappeared very quickly.

It's like they don't want him near the family jewels so give him money to pretend with us.

Liked in sympathy. Clubs really are at the mercy of their owners. Who knows where we would be without Garry Cook?

Thanks m8

We still have fans defending him and blaming other fans, it's as though you can't support Wednesday without supporting Chansiri.

With this season's influx of "players" (and I use that term loosely) be happy with £1m on players.

We've had more statements than points this season, it feels like we are entering end game under Chancer.

He's a manchild who can't accept criticism, but is very happy to dish it out.

Typical divide and concur tactic with the fan base, he doesn't know how to run a club with daddy's money so blames everybody else. Instead of looking at past mistakes and doing the simple things like employing a DOF or CEO

It will get worse before it gets better, and who knows where the club will end up but we can't carry on like this.

@Stockport mackem Ask Margaret the Tealady if she fancies a game tonight, could be a good run out for her to get some match fitness.
I really don't know what to say mate, the owner is just beyond comprehension... really feel for you... I know a lot of owls fans from my previous job...and it's crap what is happening ..

How the fit and proper test gets.passed is anyone's guess....

Re tonight, we had a bad result last week, although played okay... I generally dread us being on live... we are there for the taking if you get a fast start....

I really don't know what to say mate, the owner is just beyond comprehension... really feel for you... I know a lot of owls fans from my previous job...and it's crap what is happening ..

How the fit and proper test gets.passed is anyone's guess....

Re tonight, we had a bad result last week, although played okay... I generally dread us being on live... we are there for the taking if you get a fast start....
You've been there with Tinpot General's m8 so you know how it is :)

Our issue on the pitch is that we seem to have square pegs in round holes and no way look like scoring enough goals to keep us up.

If I was Mowbray tonight I'd keep it tight for the first 10 as there's bound to be a reaction and then look to pick us off, early goal for you and it will be toxic.

He always gets mentioned as "Successful Business Man" but if you Google him all you find is links back to the TUF *Thai Union Group) which is the family Tuna business. He has no role with this and when we were first taken over all links/photos to TUF disappeared very quickly.

It's like they don't want him near the family jewels so give him money to pretend with us.

Thanks m8

We still have fans defending him and blaming other fans, it's as though you can't support Wednesday without supporting Chansiri.
I’ve compared Chansiri to Cellino before. Everyone on the outside could see Leeds were a shit show under Cellino (I’m sure any poster here who took interest in football below the PL can testify), but yet there were plenty of Leeds fans that backed him and labelled protestors as a disruptive influence (Peter Lorimer also criticised the protestors). His supporters formed a group called “In Massimo we Trust”. Even today there are still Leeds fans who argue that Cellino left us in a better position and built the platform for Bielsa’s success. The point you made about the CEO/DOF is another similarity with Cellino as he wanted to do those jobs himself, though he’d randomly employ consultants/executive directors/heads of recruitment who would all just be sacked in a month or 2.

I’ve compared Chansiri to Cellino before. Everyone on the outside could see Leeds were a shit show under Cellino (I’m sure any poster here who took interest in football below the PL can testify), but yet there were plenty of Leeds fans that backed him and labelled protestors as a disruptive influence (Peter Lorimer also criticised the protestors). Even today there are still Leeds fans who argue that Cellino left us in a better position and built the platform for Bielsa’s success.
I remember those defending him, the thing is after Bates it seemed cool as he was playing the guitar, listening to Oasis, smoking cigars etc fans were duped into "he's just like us etc"

These people are like they are because they're meglomaniacs, it always ends in tears.

I remember those defending him, the thing is after Bates it seemed cool as he was playing the guitar, listening to Oasis, smoking cigars etc fans were duped into "he's just like us etc"

These people are like they are because they're meglomaniacs, it always ends in tears.
Strangely I remember being jealous of yous (and Derby) around that time as you were having a spell where you made a couple of top 6 finishes. I thought you had everything in order.

Strangely I remember being jealous of yous (and Derby) around that time as you were having a spell where you made a couple of top 6 finishes. I thought you had everything in order.

Like lots of things the foundations were built on sand, I tell myself if we had gone up in thos 2 seasons we reached the playoffs it would have still ended badly.

When he took over Glenn Roeder (RIP) & Adam Pearson were both appointed as advisors, they left within 6 months

We have needed a CEO and a DOF but instead we meander on with 1 man (nad his advisor Paixao) running the show.

How does the saying go, the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

Like lots of things the foundations were built on sand, I tell myself if we had gone up in thos 2 seasons we reached the playoffs it would have still ended badly.

When he took over Glenn Roeder (RIP) & Adam Pearson were both appointed as advisors, they left within 6 months

We have needed a CEO and a DOF but instead we meander on with 1 man (nad his advisor Paixao) running the show.

How does the saying go, the definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results
I did edit my earlier post to reply about the CEO/DOF comparison with Cellino. The good thing about our current owners is they want to build a robust setup behind the scenes where we have a DOF, Technical Director, Head of Recruitment and a full scouting network all working together. They don’t want everything to fall on a small number of people.

You've been there with Tinpot General's m8 so you know how it is :)

Our issue on the pitch is that we seem to have square pegs in round holes and no way look like scoring enough goals to keep us up.

If I was Mowbray tonight I'd keep it tight for the first 10 as there's bound to be a reaction and then look to pick us off, early goal for you and it will be toxic.
Aye...its murder when the atmosphere is bad...early goal either way will literally kill or cure the atmosphere

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.