Championship Thread - 2023/24

Great goal by Saints to kick things off.

By my reckoning there’s only 5 teams in the Championship this year that haven’t been in the Premier League (Bristol City, Rotherham, Millwall, Plymouth and Preston). I wonder if that’s a record?

Obviously, it gets more likely each year that this will be the case but it’s pretty striking how stacked it is with teams who were Prem teams very recently.

Great goal by Tella. No surprise Southampton kept him as he was pretty good on loan to Burnley last season.
Edit, took a deflection but still a good strike

Last edited:
Most of my Welsh family are Swansea and I watched them when they were near me a few times and tickets were going. They played some brilliant football under Martin but didn’t truly have the players to kick on with it. If Southampton give him time then he’ll do very well there.

Surprised Ward-Prowse didn’t get picked up by a Premier League club but maybe the captaincy kept him.

Surprised to see some empty seats in the home end. First game of a new season, after a summer away from football, and celebrating being in the championship. You'd have thought it'd be a sell out.

Madley being as crap as usual. Very soft yellow there, after not giving a yellow for a more blatant foul previous and giving a corner when it was a clear goal kick.
6 minutes added on when there have been no injuries, very few stoppages and just 1 goal but again new EFL rules

Madley being as crap as usual. Very soft yellow there, after not giving a yellow for a more blatant foul previous and giving a corner when it was a clear goal kick.
6 minutes added on when there have been no injuries, very few stoppages and just 1 goal but again new EFL rules
Can't really blame him for the rules. It's been well flagged up that time wasting was going to be clamped down on. Knowing that, kicking the ball away is just plain stupid. Same with pulling someone's shirt. Isn't the crackdown on time wasting also going to be enforced in the PL as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.