Champs League Draw

Roma really good side unfortunately.Better than Monaco, so the hardest possible from Pot4.

Bayern were strong last year too now they got Lewandowski, Xabi Alonso, Benatia. (Their combined fee is about the same as Mangala's.)

Its a shit group but thats what we got, not going trough would be mental, 3 our 4 times not even reaching knockout rounds would be unacceptable.
This year we have to improve on last years 1/8 finals, so we better throw in everything in these 6 games to try to get the 1st place in the group as that would give us hopefully an easier opponent next round. (No guruantees tho.)

CSKA away wasnt an easy game last year, they won their league again since then, Bayern too and Roma improved a lot with some good singnings and most importantly with their new manager Rudi Garcia, tactically very good manager, defence and midfield of theirs are really great. Pjanic, Strootman, De Rossi, that is not a midfield like Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, lot better than that, thats when we need to throw in the Fernando/Fernandinho/Yaya trio, and against Bayern too both games. So all 4 games probably, CSKA might be easier unless they improve from last year.

We can do nothing, we have to make the most of it and get those fucking coefficient points in, try to move to Pot1 in a few years (it will take about 3), and then maybe we get some better draws.

Chelsea easily can rotate their team for CL nights, play weakened team and still win 6 times thats how shit their group is. Worst case scenario for them 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, and thats still easy 1st place of the group and thats all they want. With us its impossible not to play the strongest team for any of the game probably.

cibaman said:
ballinio said:
ianw16 said:
See my post on Page 99, 3rd post down.
thanks, seems its 20% luck , 80% fixed, so I`ll pull out of the CL cup scheme tonight I think.

How did they fix it?

Or to simplify the question, how did they fix it for Roma to be allocated to our group?
same way they put the best team in pot 4 Napoli then the best team in pot 4 B.Dortmund in our group. The whole things corrupt, the moves to stop us progressing started tonight.....the refs will do the rest.

Personally I'm not arsed who we got, because we are now in a position to beat them all, CSKA weren't special last year, we got 6 points, this year we've improved. Roma don't look anything special, and have just lost their best defender. It'll be City and bayern fighting for first place imho.

However, the draw is a farce, how we get a group like that when Chelsea get theirs and its apparently a "fair" draw I've no idea, and what were the odds on 3 out of teams in a group being the same as last year ?

Also whoever created both the fixture lists, needs to check out the definition of "random", none of its random in my book.

I'm pretty sure that once you take in the permutations of teams from the same countries can't be in the same group, the 4 seeding pots, the tv rules about certain teams not playing on the same night etc etc that the draw is pretty much made in advance or as near as to virtually predict the outcome.

Whatever happens to picking balls out of a hat seeing what hand fate dealt and then sorting out the tv permutations after. Why the need for this stupid coefficient it's just another tool in UEFA's armoury to protect the status quo in the same way FFP is intended too. It stinks to high heaven.

The Ciro Esposito's story has nothing to do with either Roma or Napoli's supporter, they're just animal, the guy who got killed was just some ordinary guy that wanted to see the game, he wasn't even an ultras.

Football has nothing to do with this, Roma is safe unless you're here in town during the derby.

sgerlat said:
The Ciro Esposito's story has nothing to do with either Roma or Napoli's supporter, they're just animal, the guy who got killed was just some ordinary guy that wanted to see the game, he wasn't even an ultras.

Football has nothing to do with this, Roma is safe unless you're here for the derby.
That's utter garbage .

Pam said:
I absolutely do not understand why this competition is structured the way it is. Talk about your uneven playing field. Fucking hate UEFA. Three years out of four we have ended up with the most difficult group.

I hope the manager, the club, the players etc. use this to our advantage: I would love it - love it (to paraphrase KK) if we one the big cup, this year!

P.S. I do really hope that we top the group too & I trust some backroom bod with a spreadsheet ensures MP knows all the different scenarios (goal diff etc.) that we need, come game 6.

Finally, take this fact into consideration: one of the things pissing UEFA of is that one of their big name 'untouchable' teams (a certain Manchester Utd.) are not in their precious flagship tournament this year, or any time soon, the way things are going!

ballinio said:
sgerlat said:

Football has nothing to do with this, Roma is safe unless you're here for the derby.
That's utter garbage .

I'm from Rome.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
nowantads said:
Fixtures:

Chelsea
13/9 swansea (h)
17/9 schalke (h)
21/9 mcfc (a)

Arsenal
13/9 mcfc (h)
16/9 dortmund (a)
20/9 aston villa (a)

Mcfc
13/9 arsenal (a)
17/9 bayern munich (a)
21/9 chelsea (h)

Who the f*ck draw this fixtures???

So basically Arsenal have as difficult a game as us 3 days not 4 later than playing us. I therefore can't see any advantage to them at all in the game on 13/9 other than them playing at home. Can anyone else?

Chelsea missed out last year, does anyone really think they are going to play a weakened side in their first game in the CL to prepare for us? Are they fuck. They also play on the same night so no advantage there at all. The only advantage they have is that they play at home and we don't. The disadvantage to them is that they play us away!

We dine at the top table now and as such we have to play and beat the best teams on a regular basis.

The last five 7/8 games of last season and first two games this season have said to me that we are the business at the moment. We have a top quality manager who knows what he is doing and have a support structure that seems to have stabilised us. We have players who are all at or close to their peak ages. They have signed new contracts, they want to win the big trophies.

There is too much talk of agenda nowadays. We have won 2 premier league titles, an Fa cup and a League cup in the last 4 years and got to an Fa cup final. If there really is an agenda then the people setting it are clearly failing miserably.

We are not entitled to win all competitions. We are not favourites for this competition and if we don't win it then we don't win it!

I was contemplating giving the group stages a miss but these games are ok by me. I will be there again in amongst the tourists etc...

Personally I don't care who the dippers, Chelsea and Arsenal have got and I don't agree that the dippers and arsenal have easy groups. They have tricky groups. Maybe not as tough as ours but not a walk in the park.

It's all good.

This.

Some proper drama queens on here.

Bayern and Roma will be shitting themselves playing us.

This is the strongest first 11 and squad we've ever had and we're good enough to do those 2 and win the thing.

Man the fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.