Champs League Draw

aguero93:20 said:
squirtyflower said:
Who abused who?
tbf there were a fair few last night making such jolly japes as 'put your tampons back in', 'stop wetting your knickers' and the usual intellectualised comments these cerebrally challenged posters come up with aimed at those who said the Euro Co-efficients are out dated and/or protecting a select few
Ah. Saw that alright.
So this could be in for 2115-16 UEFA say?
i believe so
it would make it a damn sight more interesting

personally I'd prefer a straight knockout with no seeds, but i'm retro

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:
tbf there were a fair few last night making such jolly japes as 'put your tampons back in', 'stop wetting your knickers' and the usual intellectualised comments these cerebrally challenged posters come up with aimed at those who said the Euro Co-efficients are out dated and/or protecting a select few
Ah. Saw that alright.
i believe so

It would be the fairest system; luck of the draw. There could be a real group of death!

cheddar404 said:
squirtyflower said:
Ah. Saw that alright.
i believe so

It would be the fairest system; luck of the draw. There could be a real group of death!
but hated by the TV companies and UEFA who's main interest is making money

lloydie said:
squirtyflower said:
Ah. Saw that alright.

Dont hold your breath, here are the executive members,,,,,

Composition of the UEFA Executive Committee 2013-2015
Comité exécutif Exekutivkomitee

Michel Platini
Şenes Erzik (Turkey) Angel María Villar Llona (Spain) Marios N. Lefkaritis (Cyprus) Giancarlo Abete (Italy) Grigoriy Surkis (Ukraine)
Karen Espelund (Norway) Sergey Fursenko (Russia) David Gill (England) Peter Gilliéron (Switzerland) Allan Hansen (Denmark) František Laurinec (Slovakia) Avraham Luzon (Israel) Borislav Mihaylov (Bulgaria) Wolfgang Niersbach (Germany) Mircea Sandu (Romania) Michael van Praag (Netherlands)
Fernando Gomes (Portugal) Lennart Johansson (Sweden) Gianni Infantino
He'll be long dead.

Rammy Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
This really might happen as soon as 15/16?

Looks that way mate, I reckon even UEFA will have been a tad embarrassed as to how stupid that draw has ended up yesterday - no-one wants to see the same teams playing in the same groups, dull as fuck.

I quite agree that it is a bizarre outcome to proceedings when the draw is virtually the same every year. I just get excited when we get to 40 points and so I'll take any old shit. However, having read the press today, UEFA do seem to be the subject of some serious ridicule. Not before time, Twatini and friends.

We all know this format was a cop out for a european league and like all compromises have inequalities built in.

IMO if they wanted a league, should be twenty teams made up from champions in the first year, 20 teams in a league with four places for relegation made up from 4 Europa League semi finalists each year. Teams still participate in domestic cups. Top six places in league go into Europa League. Various qualification rounds etc to get the desired number just as at present.

lloydie said:
squirtyflower said:
Ah. Saw that alright.

Dont hold your breath, here are the executive members,,,,,

Composition of the UEFA Executive Committee 2013-2015
Comité exécutif Exekutivkomitee

Michel Platini
Şenes Erzik (Turkey) Angel María Villar Llona (Spain) Marios N. Lefkaritis (Cyprus) Giancarlo Abete (Italy) Grigoriy Surkis (Ukraine)
Karen Espelund (Norway) Sergey Fursenko (Russia) David Gill (England) Peter Gilliéron (Switzerland) Allan Hansen (Denmark) František Laurinec (Slovakia) Avraham Luzon (Israel) Borislav Mihaylov (Bulgaria) Wolfgang Niersbach (Germany) Mircea Sandu (Romania) Michael van Praag (Netherlands)
Fernando Gomes (Portugal) Lennart Johansson (Sweden) Gianni Infantino
how come the jock scouser gets a vote?
s'pose he had to do something after the end of his MOTD gravy train

coleridge said:
Rammy Blue said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
This really might happen as soon as 15/16?

Looks that way mate, I reckon even UEFA will have been a tad embarrassed as to how stupid that draw has ended up yesterday - no-one wants to see the same teams playing in the same groups, dull as fuck.

I quite agree that it is a bizarre outcome to proceedings when the draw is virtually the same every year. I just get excited when we get to 40 points and so I'll take any old shit. However, having read the press today, UEFA do seem to be the subject of some serious ridicule. Not before time, Twatini and friends.

I'm sure Arse fans aren't exactly over enthralled at seeing Dortmund again etc.

Once they get the seeding for pots correct then I'd just allow it to be a free draw except for the proviso that the max teams from any country in a group is limited to 2 - it's beyond laughable that TV rights has an influence on which half of the draw you can go in!

Rammyblues said:
We all know this format was a cop out for a european league and like all compromises have inequalities built in.

IMO if they wanted a league, should be twenty teams made up from champions in the first year, 20 teams in a league with four places for relegation made up from 4 Europa League semi finalists each year. Teams still participate in domestic cups. Top six places in league go into Europa League. Various qualification rounds etc to get the desired number just as at present.

Are you at the crack pipe again mate?

:-)

Rammy Blue said:
coleridge said:
Rammy Blue said:

I'm sure Arse fans aren't exactly over enthralled at seeing Dortmund again etc.

Once they get the seeding for pots correct then I'd just allow it to be a free draw except for the proviso that the max teams from any country in a group is limited to 2 - it's beyond laughable that TV rights has an influence on which half of the draw you can go in!
what's ridiculous is that the TV execs and UEFA haven't fathomed out with their shared brain cell that they are actually killing off viewers/supporters because it is all so same old/same old which they created

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.