Champs League Draw

squirtyflower said:
Rammy Blue said:
coleridge said:
I quite agree that it is a bizarre outcome to proceedings when the draw is virtually the same every year. I just get excited when we get to 40 points and so I'll take any old shit. However, having read the press today, UEFA do seem to be the subject of some serious ridicule. Not before time, Twatini and friends.

I'm sure Arse fans aren't exactly over enthralled at seeing Dortmund again etc.

Once they get the seeding for pots correct then I'd just allow it to be a free draw except for the proviso that the max teams from any country in a group is limited to 2 - it's beyond laughable that TV rights has an influence on which half of the draw you can go in!
what's ridiculous is that the TV execs and UEFA haven't fathomed out with their shared brain cell that they are actually killing off viewers/supporters because it is all so same old/same old which they created

Sorry for the long re-quote but I feel it's worth repeating.

I thought that the CL holders plus Champs in Pot 1 was a great idea, followed by a random draw [no two from the same country, though]. There is currently no reward in coming second to fourth and so, beyond the ludicrous seeding concept, there is no room for complaint. As for TV rights [Barca and RM on the same night, et cetera], surely TV, police and so on can sort out games on either Tues or Wed, alternative weeks and so on. Surely it's not that difficult, even for murky Michel?

Great draw if you ask me. I think we can get 3/4 points from the Bayern ties, they aren't anywhere near as strong as last year and nowhere near the level they played at when they won the competition. The way Pep has them playing too we can go there and get a win just like last time. Tactical naivety is all that cost us the home tie last time too and MP should of learnt his lesson. Roma away will be difficult but we should again get 3 maybe 4 points from those ties. CSKA won the Russian league but I don't see anything to worry too much about, should be 6 points there!

Can't see why we can't get at least 9 from our home games and then at least 4 from the away ones, we just need to stay strong at home that's the main thing.

inbetween said:
Great draw if you ask me. I think we can get 3/4 points from the Bayern ties, they aren't anywhere near as strong as last year and nowhere near the level they played at when they won the competition. The way Pep has them playing too we can go there and get a win just like last time. Tactical naivety is all that cost us the home tie last time too and MP should of learnt his lesson. Roma away will be difficult but we should again get 3 maybe 4 points from those ties. CSKA won the Russian league but I don't see anything to worry too much about, should be 6 points there!

Can't see why we can't get at least 9 from our home games and then at least 4 from the away ones, we just need to stay strong at home that's the main thing.

Good man!

inbetween said:

It will be very difficult to get any more than 9 from our home games

coleridge said:
squirtyflower said:
Rammy Blue said:
I'm sure Arse fans aren't exactly over enthralled at seeing Dortmund again etc.

Once they get the seeding for pots correct then I'd just allow it to be a free draw except for the proviso that the max teams from any country in a group is limited to 2 - it's beyond laughable that TV rights has an influence on which half of the draw you can go in!
what's ridiculous is that the TV execs and UEFA haven't fathomed out with their shared brain cell that they are actually killing off viewers/supporters because it is all so same old/same old which they created

I thought that the CL holders plus Champs in Pot 1 was a great idea, followed by a random draw [no two from the same country, though]. There is currently no reward in coming second to fourth and so, beyond the ludicrous seeding concept, there is no room for complaint. As for TV rights [Barca and RM on the same night, et cetera], surely TV, police and so on can sort out games on either Tues or Wed, alternative weeks and so on. Surely it's not that difficult, even for murky Michel?
the tv 'pairing' is the thing that really gets my goat
there just seems to be no understandable reasoning behind it
i can understand us being paired with the rags, neighbouring city what have you, but last year we were paired with Arsenal and this year with Chelsea
apart from trying to 'fix' a certain amount of the draw it makes little sense

Rammyblues said:
Are you at the crack pipe again mate?

:-)

Been a long week at work, should be banned from on here until saturday. Jesus re read it, fuck me I don't half talk shite sometimes. :-)

Can't remember the topic but the one the other week was a classic, at least this time I sort of understood where you were coming from!

I'd prefer if the UEFA seedings were based on Euro Club Index instead. It's takes both domestic and european matches into equation, and looks SO much better and more correct than UEFA's terrible system.

http://www.euroclubindex.com

squirtyflower said:
coleridge said:
squirtyflower said:

the tv 'pairing' is the thing that really gets my goat
there just seems to be no understandable reasoning behind it
i can understand us being paired with the rags, neighbouring city what have you, but last year we were paired with Arsenal and this year with Chelsea
apart from trying to 'fix' a certain amount of the draw it makes little sense

But even if we are paired with rags it should just mean that we play opposites of home and away, surely no big deal?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.