Champs League Draw

Just get rid of all TV pairings and allow teams from the same country to play each other in the group stages and this'll be an actual random draw for once, eh?

johnmc said:
Matty said:
johnmc said:
Chelsea have earned the right for an easier draw by being in Pot 1 though

And Arsenal have earned that right by consistently being the 4th best side in England and rarely getting beyond the round of 16 in Europe despite getting piss easy groups?

So you have an issue with the co-effcient system then really?

Amongst other things, yes.

adrianr said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
So the champions of England get the most difficult group out of the four representatives?

Coupled with the farthest distance to travel in Europe?

Those saying stop moaning.

It's the direct impact the competitive nature of these games will have upon our Premier League fixtures.

Chelsea can literally afford to put the reserves out before they play us.

I'm amazed how few people are getting this. I want to win the league again. I certainly don't want to see Mourinho and his smug fucking face lifting the trophy as he's just pissed through the easiest CL group known to man.

+2

You get the same types every year who can't see the lopsided nature of this competition.

What exactly is the point of going to Pot 2 if we get always get harder draws than some of the Pot 4 clubs? The rules are so convoluted about playing clubs in one's own league that we just got shuffled into a nearly identical group two years in a row.

KippaxCitizen said:
GHoddle said:
SkyBlue17 said:
Hopefully we don't have to travel to CSKA in winter.

Also, anyone calling Roma shit clearly hasn't watched that team. They boast one of the best mid-fields in Europe and play a very frustrating style. Think Napoli of a few years ago, with more polish, grit and a better manager.

Though they have just sold their best CB and Strootman is out until after you play them, which is fortunate. They're a good team but you should beat them fairly comfortably I'd say.
They also lost in most of the big games last season in Italy last year: won just one of four games against the other two top three sides (Juve and Napoli) losing the other three.

If Arsenal or Chelsea had drawn Roma they wouldn't be flapping like this

4 points off Bayern

6 points off CSKA

4 points off Roma

Top of the group

Stop fucking flapping you soft cunts and enjoy it.

Am I missing something? - are the dates not pre-selected?

I want to book flights but cannot seem to find confirmation of the dates anywhere - probably just an age thing

I guess Bayern Munich can cry foul about UEFA corruption do as they have been drawn against us three times out of four also.

It's not all about the points tally but the travel and tough games could seriously impact our Premier League campaign. Can we send our second choice to Roma? Can we feck, they're a terrific team. Trying to figure out where these games fall on the calendar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.